Changing Streaming Device
How to Change Streaming Device
Technology has reached a point where there is no longer the need for downloading media to the hard disk since streaming in real time right from the cloud has now become possible. How to Change Streaming Device is quite easy.
Quick Guidelines For How to Change Ink Cartridge
How to Change Streaming Device Wi-Fi
Portable streaming Devices may require a change of Wi-Fi network on a regular basis especially when you travel. A smartphone is sufficient to switch Wi-Fi networks.
- Let us see how to change the Wi-Fi network in Google Chromecast.
- The entire range of portable streaming devices requires a new Wi-Fi network connection when away from the home network.
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Create an account on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- In the Google Home app, click the Devices option at the upper right corner of the page.
- Select your Chromecast device and then tap the vertical three dots at the upper-right corner.
- Choose Wi-Fi from the menu displayed.
- Type in the password and wait for your Chromecast to connect to the network.
- Once the streaming device is connected, it can start streaming media.
- Streaming requires a hi-speed Internet connection.
How to Changing Streaming Device Settings
- The top-rated streaming devices available in the market are Roku Streaming Stick+, Google Chromecast 2, Amazon Fire TV Cube, Nvidia Shield, and Apple TV4K.
- To get your streaming device personalized, change its name.
- Let’s look at an example on how to Change Streaming Device name for Amazon Fire TV stick or Fire TV stick from its application.
- Locate Settings in the Application.
- Under Settings, go to System and then select About.
- From Amazon’s Homepage, select Your Android Apps & Devices under Your Account.
- Choose the device to be renamed.
- Click on Edit, right next to the device name.
- Replace the old name with a new one and click Save.
- The name change for your Streaming device is complete.
How to Change Streaming Device Network
A hi-speed network connection is mandatory for any streaming device to function smoothly. A change in the network connection is required when switching to a new network or when away from home.
Roku is the best streaming device. The switching of the Wi-Fi network connection is likely to happen in many cases. Let us see how to Change Streaming Device the network in a Roku device.
- Switch on the TV and select the correct HDMI port.
- Turn on the Roku device.
- Go to Settings on the Roku Home screen.
- Under Settings, select Network.
- Select Wireless Wi-Fi from the options displayed.
- Click Set Up New Wi-Fi Connection.
- A list of wireless networks is displayed.
- Choose the required wireless network for connecting the device.
- Enter the password for the selected Wi-Fi network.
- The Setup is complete on the appearance of three green tick marks.
How to Change Password on Streaming Device
It is necessary to own a Roku account to set your preferences and settings. Managing your Roku device and getting essential notifications is simple with a Roku account.
- A secure password is significant for an account. It is essential to change the password once in a while to keep it protected.
- Go to the Roku homepage on your system or smartphone.
- It will prompt for signing in.
- If you do not have an account, register your details to create a new account.
- Sign in to the account using your Roku username and password.
- Go to the Account Information tab and tap the Update option.
- How to Change Streaming Device Password under the Password section.
- Change the preferences, if any.
- Once the changes are complete, click Save Changes.
- The password change is complete for your Roku account.
Change Streaming Device Background
Setting a background for your streaming device makes it more personalized. As such, you must replace the default background with an image of your choice.
- Let us see how to change the background for Amazon’s Echo devices.
- Launch the Alexa application.
- Go to Menu and scroll down to Settings.
- Tap Settings to open the settings section.
- Under the Settings section, select your Echo device.
- Select Home screen Background.
- Under the Home screen Background section, click Choose a Photo.
- It will probably lead to the gallery.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and change the background for your Echo device.
Streaming Device Change Resolution
The audio and video resolution must be high to enjoy them. Streaming devices offer real-time streaming with unbeatable resolution only when connected to a hi-speed Wi-Fi connection.
- Manually select the display resolution from the application.
- There are three resolution options to select from – Standard Dynamic Range (SDR), High Dynamic Range (HDR), and 4K Dolby vision.
- The television that doesn’t support the HDR or Dolby vision uses Standard Dynamic Range (SDR).
- The television that supports HDR uses High Dynamic Range (HDR) and the Dolby vision is compatible with 4K TVs.
- It is necessary to enable the‘Match Dynamic Range’, which is the resolution setting.
- How to Change Streaming Device, the resolution manually, go to the Settings.
- Under the options displayed, select Video and Audio.
- Select Match Content under the Video and Audio section.
- Refer the TV user manual to check the compatibility.
Change Streaming Device IP Address
The IP address of the streaming device is crucial. It connects the streaming device to the wireless network. It is a unique four-part identification number separated by dots.
- Note down the IP address of your wireless network modem.
- Connect the streaming device and the smartphone to the same wireless network.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Search for the Wi-Fi option.
- Under Wi-Fi, find your Network name and IP address.
- Note down the four-part number. The IP address must match the wireless network IP address.
- On your Roku TV, go to Settings.
- Under Settings, select System. Choose About under the System section.
- Note down or change the IP address. It must match with the IP address jotted down from your phone.
- Manual change of the IP address is complete.
Change Streaming Device Country Code
It is necessary to update the country code on your streaming device. The country code determines the availability of various features on your device.
- It is necessary to update the country code on your streaming device. The country code determines the availability of various features on your device.
- For example, Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV stick is available only in the United States, the United Kingdom (UK), Germany, Austria, Japan, and India.
- In India, Fire TV stick is a 2nd generation device.
- Though the Fire TV sticks of basic editions are available in many other countries, the advanced edition is limited.
- Launch the app and select Manage your content and devices.
- Open the Settings tab. Click the Country Settings option and select Change near the current country option.
- Type the new address and select your new country and click Update to save your changes. Follow the on-screen prompts and select Learn More How to Change Streaming Device.
- Choose the option Transfer your Kindle account to or Update your default Kindle Store.
- On the Amazon Fire TV, go to Home. Select Settings and then My account from the displayed options and Select Register.
- It will ask for re-registering your device. Enter your Amazon account information and register to enjoy the usage in your new country.