How to Change PS4 Hard Drive
To change the ps4 hard drive, you need to keep some materials ready. All you need is a PlayStation 4, along with a Phillips Screwdriver. The screwdriver type varies for PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro.
Easy Steps to Change the Hard Drive in PS4 & PS4 Pro
- Turn off and unplug the power cord from the PS4.
- Detach the hard drive from the PlayStation using a screwdriver.
- Remove it slowly.
- Separate all the screws from the PlayStation, using a screwdriver.
- Now, take the hard drive from the sleeve.
- In PS4 pro, remove the plastic cover from the bay.
- Remove the screws that secure the hard drive to the chassis.
- Slide the hard drive out, and remove it.
Let’s See in Detail About the Hard Drive Change in PS4
- Refer to the steps and change the hard drive in PS4, & PS4 pro carefully and perform the same procedure. The hard drive replacement method in PS4 & PS4 pro device very easy, choose the replacement method of your PlayStation model, and execute the replacement process as per the instruction.
- The Screwdriver is used to remove all the screws from the PlayStation. Start the replacement by powering off your PS4. Ensure that you have unplugged all the cables from the power cord and wall outlet.
- Now, move the HDD bay cover to the left of the PlayStation. The hard disk drive (HDD is used to control the position, reading and writing of the hard disk. The HDD placed in the top left portion of the console. On the front left side of the PS4, unscrew the single 5mm Phillips head #1 screw, and remove the hard drive.
- Slide the hard drive forward to separate it from the PlayStation. There are two interchangeable screws on the opposite side of the system. Remove all the four screws from the hard drive and then separate the hard drive from the sleeve.
- In PS4 pro, flip the top of it to begin the replacement. From the PlayStation, remove all the plastic covers in the drive bay.
- Remove the screw using that secures the hard drive to the chassis. All the internal screws of the PlayStation need to be removed using the screwdriver. Now you can quickly change the hard drive from your PlayStation. Try to slide the hard drive out.
- The Caddy refers to a container that used to hold some medium, such as a CD-ROM in computer hardware. This is also referred to as a disk encloser. Separate all the four screws securing the hard drive to the encloser.