- Changing The Password For IMAP Mail In Outlook
How To Change Password For IMAP Mail Outlook?
When you think that someone has gained access to your email account, your email provider has sent you a link to reset your password, or you have forgotten your email account password, there comes a necessity to change that password. If you are looking for the correct procedure to change the password for your email account in Outlook, you have landed on the right page. On this page, you will find the detailed steps to know how to change password for IMAP mail Outlook. Continue to read the following sections and change your password without much effort.
Procedure for changing the password
- If you want to change your email password, you need to do it with your email provider in the first place. Then, you have to update the same in Outlook.
- To change your email account’s password, log in to your email account with the appropriate credentials and change the password. The procedure will be different for each email service provider.
- Usually, the Settings page will give you the option to change your email account’s password. So, navigate to the Settings section and change your email account’s password.
Update the password in Outlook
- Once you have changed your password with your email provider, open and run the Outlook application on your computer.
- Once you get prompted for the password, enter the updated password in the respective field. Password is case sensitive, so double-check the credentials before clicking OK.
- When you enter your password correctly, it will be updated in your Outlook application.
- You can also update the password manually. To do so, launch the Outlook application on your computer. Click the Tools tab and choose the Accounts option from the drop-down menu.
- In the left pane, select the account for which you wish to change the password. Locate the password field in the right pane and enter the updated password. As previously mentioned, enter the password with the correct case.
- Once you have updated your password, close the Account window. Then, Outlook will save the password automatically.
In this way, you can change password for IMAP mail Outlook. If you have any queries, you can reach out to us for remote assistance.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.