- Change Default Downloads Folder On Safari
How To Change Default Downloads Folder On Safari
Safari is the default built-in web browser for all Apple devices. On a Mac computer, all the files that you download using the Safari browser are saved to a default Downloads folder. You can find the Downloads folder on the Dock. If you find that your drive is full, you can change the location of the Downloads folder to another drive as well. To change the default Downloads folder on Safari, proceed with the steps that are given below.
- Launch the Safari browser and click the Safari menu. Then, select the Preferences option from the displayed list.
- Otherwise, press the Command and Comma buttons together to open the Safari Preferences window.
- Navigate to the General section and locate the File Download location or Save Downloaded files to sections. It may vary depending on your OS version.
- Click the drop-down icon to choose a different location. Then, click Other to select a location.
- When prompted, select the directory and choose a folder in which you want to save the downloads. Then, click Select.
- Now, the new location will appear in the Save downloaded files to section.
- Exit the Preferences window by clicking the “X” icon.
- The new folder you have selected will be set as the Downloads folder for your Safari browser.
- Try downloading a file from your web browser to check whether the location has been changed.
- You can view the progress of the file download in the Download status window.
- To open the Download Status window, press the Command + Option + L buttons together.
- Go to the folder you have set as the File Download location once the download process is completed.
- Now, you can view the downloaded files in the newly set folder.