- Cancel A Bid On Ebay
How To Cancel A Bid On Ebay?
There is no denying that the eBay platform has a vast user base, and the services are used by individuals all over the world. That’s why eBay is so attractive for buyers and sellers. The beauty of eBay is the world of options that awaits sellers who can list items at a fixed price or in auction-style. However, there might be circumstances where you need How To Cancel A Bid On Ebay platform. So, stick to this guide and follow the steps in an orderly manner to withdraw a bid successfully.
Situation – Where You Can Cancel A Bid (buyer Point Of View)
Sometimes, eBay allows you to cancel a bid that you have made. Some of the situations are listed below.
- The seller has changed the description of a product for which you have made a bid recently.
- When you have entered a wrong amount while bidding on the product. Example: Accidentally added an extra zero while bidding an item ($400 instead of $40).
- When you are unable to contact the seller, you can retract your bid.
Situation – Where You Can Cancel A Bid (seller Point Of View)
It is always advised not to cancel the bids unless necessary; some situations where you can cancel a bid on eBay are listed below.
- When you have to end the listing because the listed item is no longer available for sale.
- You made an error while listing the product on the eBay platform.
- When you are concerned that the bid is from a fraudulent buyer.
- There might be situations where a buyer requests you to cancel their bid, and so you agree to it.
Time Frame For Canceling A Bid
You can now issue a combined invoice to your buyer.
- If the listing ends in over 12 hours, all the bids can be retracted.
- If the listing ends under 12 hours, you can retract your most recent bid.
Steps To Retract The Bid On Ebay
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect your PC to the Internet.
- Open your default web browser.
- Go to the eBay website.
- Enter the login credentials (username and password).
- Go to the retracting page by following this path:
- Home > Help > Buying > How Bidding Works > Retracting a bid.
- Scroll down the page, and you will be able to see all the bids you have made previously.
- You’ll have to scroll down a bit, and you can see the rules that govern canceling a bid or retracting a bid on eBay.
- Click on Retract a bid.
- On the next page, click the item.
- In the Take an action window, you can see details, such as Item and Item number.
- Scroll down and select the reason for canceling the bid.
- The options include:
- I have entered a wrong amount
- The item description changed significantly after I placed my bid
- I cannot contact the seller by email or phone
- Another reason.
- Choose the appropriate option and click Continue.
NOTE: If you choose “Another reason,” you need to really convince eBay, which might be pretty annoying at times.
- On the next page, you can see the information regarding your current bid (Item, Item number, Your old bid amount, Bid date, Reason for canceling your bid).
- Click on Retract bid.
- Click on Submit.
- Now, you can see that the bid has been successfully retracted.
- As soon as you cancel the bid, you should get a message to your email ID (Confirmation).
The above steps will definitely help you cancel a bid on the eBay platform. Furthermore, if you have any doubts regarding the canceling process, call our team of experts who can help you out of the situation.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.