- How To Block Unwanted Messages On Mac And Iphone/Ipad
How To Block Unwanted Messages On Mac And Iphone/Ipad
Nowadays, most of us receive a lot of messages daily. Most of them are unwanted and are only spam. To save our device storage capacity, we can delete these unwanted messages. But, before you delete them, these messages could have almost destroyed your device. So, before you receive these kinds of messages on your Mac or iOS device, it is better to block them. To block unwanted text messages on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad device, follow the instructions given below.
For Mac users:
- On your Mac computer, open the Messages application.
- Click the Messages tab followed by the Preferences option.
- Select the iMessage option.
- Locate the pane titled Blocked and click the Add button beside it.
- Now, collect the iMessage address you wish to block and enter it in the given field.
- After entering it, click the OK button.
- From now on, you will never receive a message from the blocked iMessage address.
For iPad users:
- On the iPad device, there is a feature named Filter Unknown Senders. This feature disables or turns off message notification from senders who aren’t in your contacts list.
- To enable this feature on your iPad device, follow the instructions given below.
- Go to your iPad’s Settings section.
- Select the Messages option.
- Now, locate the Filter Unknown Senders option and enable it by tapping the toggle button beside it.
For iPhone users:
- Open the Messages application on your iPhone device.
- Select the number or message that you want to block and open it.
- On the top right-hand side of the message screen, you can find the Info icon. Tap it.
- Now, a screen displaying details about the selected message will appear on the screen.
- Tap the forward arrow icon available at the top-right of the screen.
- Scroll down the screen and select the Block this caller option.
- Contact us to get remote assistance on the same.