- Wd My Passport Backup
How To Backup To Wd My Passport?
WD My Passport is an excellent storage device known for its performance and reliability. Earlier, WD provided the WD Backup software to create scheduled backups. Unfortunately, WD has now stopped the support for WD Backup. So, you can use the Acronis True Image software to back up your data. For Macintosh, you can use Time Machine Backup. To know how to backup your data to the WD My Passport hard drive, keep reading the instructions below.
- First, connect your WD My Passport device to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Check if your computer recognizes the device.
- If your computer doesn’t recognize the drive, plug the USB cable into a different USB port on your computer.
- Launch the Acronis True Image software.
- Click the Backup tab from the left-side panel.
- Enter a name for the backup and choose the backup source.
- You can select any one of the following options from the How To Backup To Wd My Passport source.
- Entire PC
- Disks and partitions
- Files and folders
- After selecting the source device, choose your My Passport device as the backup destination.
- If you have selected the Files and folders option as the backup source, browse the files and folders you wish to back up and click OK.
- Click the Back up now button to backup your data to your WD My Passport device.
- To begin with, connect your WD My Passport hard drive to your Mac using a standard USB cable.
- Click the Apple menu available at the top-left corner of the desktop and select the System Preferences option.
- Click the Time Machine icon in the System Preferences window.
- Ensure that the Show Time Machine in menu bar checkbox has been selected.
- Turn on the slider below Time Machine.
- Next, click the Time Machine icon in the menu bar and select the Open Time Machine Preferences option.
- Click the Select Disk button in the Time Machine window.
- Choose your How To Backup To Wd My Passport or My Passport device from the displayed list and click the Use Disk button.
- If you have multiple hard drives attached to your Mac, select the Replace “My Passport-Time Machine” option in the prompt that appears on the screen.
- Wait for Time Machine to start the backup automatically.
- Close the Time Machine window and check the status of the backup from the Time Machine icon on the menu bar.
You have now seen how to backup your data to the WD My Passport device using Time Machine or How To Backup To Wd My Passport.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.