- WD My Cloud File Backup
How To Backup File To WD My Cloud?
My Cloud is one of the personal cloud storage devices provided by WD. It allows you to back up and transfer all the data from your computer to cloud storage. Earlier, there are several ways to back up a file to WD My Cloud via the WD My Cloud desktop app. But now, the support for the My Cloud desktop app has been stopped by Western Digital. Henceforth, you should use Acronis True Image for Western Digital to back up all your files to WD devices. Keep reading the instructions below to know how to backup file to WD My Cloud using the Acronis True Image software.
Connecting the My Cloud device:
- First, plug one end of the supplied Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of the My Cloud device.
- Next, plug the other end into your router’s LAN port.
- Connect your WD device to an electrical outlet using the supplied power adapter.
- Wait until the device is turned on.
- The power LED of the My Cloud device should stop blinking.
Installing Acronis True Image for Western Digital:
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Western Digital site.
- Click the Downloads tab at the top to navigate to the Software & Downloads page.
- Expand the Acronis True Image for Western Digital tab and click the Download button.
- Once the download has been completed, double-click the setup file to begin the installation.
- Click the Install button and wait for the installation to get completed.
- Next, click Start application and agree to the software EULA to finish the setup.
Backing up a file to WD My Cloud using Acronis True Image:
- Launch the Acronis True Image software and click the Backup tab from the left-side panel.
- Type in a backup name and click on Select source.
- Under Backup source, select the Files and folders option.
- Next, browse the folder that has the file you wish to back up.
- Select the file and click OK.
- Click on Select destination and choose the NAS option from the displayed list.
- Click on My NAS connections and then select your My Cloud device from the displayed list.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Click Enter Credentials and enter your username and password in the required fields.
- Click Test Connection and then select Connect.
- Once the connection has been verified, choose the backup destination and click OK.
- Finally, click the Back up now button to back up your file to your WD My Cloud device.
- Once backup file to WD My Cloud, a confirmation message will appear in the Acronis True Image window.