- Remote Desktop Connection on Mac
How to Access Remote Desktop Connection on Mac?
Having access to your computer from another device always gives you an added advantage in case of an emergency. The remote access could be between two Mac computers or Mac and Windows computers on the same network. The remote desktop connection itself can be achieved in many ways. Carry out any of the methods given below how to access remote desktop connection on Mac computer.Ask the Question!
Method 1: Using the Microsoft Remote Desktop on Mac
Using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect and access a remote Windows computer from your Mac computer. The steps to access a remote Windows desktop on your Mac using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app is given below.
Setup your Windows computer for remote access
To access a remote Windows computer from your Mac computer, you have to enable the remote connection on the Windows computer. The steps for this how to Access Remote Desktop Connection on Mac setup are given below.
- Right-click the Windows icon on your Windows computer.
- Select the System option from the list.
- Select the Advanced system settings option to open the System Properties window.
- Navigate to the Remote tab.
Upgradation using the App Store
- Enable the Allow Remove Assistance connections to this computer option in the Remote Assistance Section.
- Now, in the Remote Desktop section, select the Allow remote connections option and click Apply.
- Then, click the OK button.
Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop App
- To access a Windows computer from your Mac computer, you need to install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on it.
- Click the AppStore menu and search the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.
- Choose the app from the search result and install it on your Mac computer.
Add the Remote Desktop to Microsoft Remote Desktop app
- Open Finder on your Mac, select the Applications option and double-click the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to open it.
- When the app window opens, click the New option. Now, the Edit Remote Desktops window opens.
- In that window, enter the Connection name and PC name first. Instead of the PC name, you can also enter the IP address of your remote Windows computer.
- Type the username and password for the login credentials.
Establishing Remote Desktop Connection on Mac
- Launch the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on your Mac and click the Start menu.
- When the Verify Certificate pop-up opens, click Continue on it.
- If you do not want to view the Verify Certificate pop-up next time, then click the Show Certificate button on the pop-up and then enable the checkbox near the Always trust option.
- Then, enter the username and password to make the changes.
- Now, the remote access will be established, and the desktop of the remote computer will be displayed on your Mac computer’s desktop.
Method 2: Access a Remote Mac computer from another Mac computer
The steps how to Access Remote Desktop Connection on Mac computer from another Mac computer are given below.
Enable remote access in the remote Mac computer
- Click the Apple icon on the remote computer which you are going to access.
- Then, click the System Preferences option.
- Now, click the Sharing icon and open it.
- In the Sharing window, you have the list of services for which you can allow access for other Mac computers.
- Enable the Remote Management option and then select the permissions for the user who access this computer remotely.
- Then, enable the Remote Login services and set the access either to all users or to particular users.
Establishing a remote connection
Once you have enabled the Remote Management on the remote Mac computer, you can access that computer using its IP address from another Mac computer over the same network.
- Now, click the Go menu on your Mac computer and select the Connect to server option.
- Then, in the Connect to Server window, enter the IP address of the remote computer in the Server Address text box.
- Add vnc:// in front of the IP address. For example, if the IP address of the remote computer is 172.16.21.40, then the server address that you enter must look like vnc://172.16.21.40
- Now, click the Connect button on the Connect to Server window.
- The remote connection will be established, and the desktop of the remote Mac computer will be displayed in a new window on your Mac computer. For more guidelines on How to Access Remote Desktop Connection on Mac computer connect with our experts.