- Simple Procedure To Hold Mails In USPS
How Long Will USPS Hold Mail?
If you have planned for a vacation, you should think about your mailbox. When mails get overloaded, it becomes an inconvenience to the postal service workers to stuff more mails into your mailbox. Moreover, it can also lead to the potential threat of thieves stealing your identity. However, you can hold your mail through the United States Postal Service for 30 days. If you want to know how long will USPS hold mail, continue to read this article till the end.
Submit your request
- As the first step of holding your emails, you need to submit your request online/in-person/over the phone.
- In case you prefer to submit your request in person, you need to find your local post office and fill the USPS hold mail form.
- You can also make the request online, and it is considered the most efficient and secure route for holding the mails. If you want to make your request online, proceed to the next step.
How can you submit your request online?
- You should create a USPS account to submit your request for holding the mails.
- Once you have created your USPS account, you can print the shipping labels and custom forms.
- In case you are creating an account for your family member, you need to provide their email address and phone number.
- Online request is not available for all addresses. So, once you have created your account, you need to check the availability.
- To check the availability, log in to your USPS account and go to the Quick Tools tab.
- Scroll down to hold mail. Now, your details will be pre-filled based on the information you have given while setting up your account.
- If you find any details incorrect, you can modify them in your profile.
- Now, go to the Check Availability tab and see whether your address is eligible for online hold mail requests.
- Once you have checked the availability, you need to verify your identity using your phone number.
- As you have completed the verification process, you can start choosing your dates.
- As previously mentioned, USPS can hold your mails for 30 days. Choose the start and end dates. Make sure that it doesn’t exceed 30 days.
- Finally, follow the instructions and submit your request.
This is how you should know how long will USPS hold mail. In case you have any queries, you can reach out to us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.