- Install My Printer By Its IP Address
How Do I Install My Printer By Its IP Address?
Installing a printer on a computer or laptop running on Windows or Mac operating system is pretty easy. There are several different ways that help you to install the printer on your computer.
However, most people go for the one common method: installing the printer using its app or software. First, you have to choose the connection type you wish to use for the setup if you’re using this method. Next, you have to connect the printer to your computer or laptop using the selected connection type.
Finally, you can complete the rest of the installation on your computer using the recommended app or software. What if we say you can install your HP or any network printer on a computer using the printer’s IP address? Yes, you can install the printer on your computer using the printer’s IP address. The rest of this article explains the same.
How To Add A Printer With Its IP Address on Mac & Windows 10
We have explained how you can install your printer using its address for Windows and Mac in this section. Before you start the installation, ensure that your devices (printer and computer) are on the same network.Also, gather your printer’s IP address if you have no idea about it.
For Windows 10
If you’re using Windows 10 computer, you can use the Printers & Scanners window or Control Panel to install the printer using its IP address.
Using Printers & Scanners
- Open the Windows 10 computer’s Printers & scanners screen. Click on ‘The printer that I want….’
- Now, the ‘Find a printer by other options’ screen will open. Here, choose the ‘Add a printer using a TCP/IP…’ option and click Next.
- Choose the TCP/IP Device option from the Service type drop-down menu on the opened screen.
- Type the printer’s IP address and port name in the given fields.
- Ensure that the ‘Query the printer and automatically…’ option is selected on the same screen. Click Next.
- Now, your Windows 10 computer will try to locate and install the printer on it.
Using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel. Select Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Add a printer.
- Click on the command that says ‘The printer that I want…’’ on the opened screen.
- Choose ‘Add a local printer…’ and click Next.
- Select the Create a new port option on the Choose a printer port screen. Choose the Standard TCP/IP Port option from the Type of port drop-down menu.
- Type the port name if the Port Name dialog box opens. Enter the printer’s IP address when prompted.
- Complete the rest of the installation by following the on-screen prompts.
- Open Printers & Scanners on Mac.
- Click on the Plus icon below the Printers list.
- Now, the Add Printer dialog box will open. Here, click on the IP icon (it looks like a global icon).
- Enter the printer’s IP address in the Address field and other information in the corresponding fields.
- Finally, click Add to install the printer on your Mac computer using its IP address.
Installing the printer using its IP address on Mac is straightforward.
As you can see, installing your printer using its IP address on Mac or Windows is not that hard. All you have to do is first connect the devices to the same network. Next, know about your printer’s IP address and five minutes of your time.
We hope that this article was useful! Reach us now if you want to learn more about installing the printer on your computer.