- Canon Printer Driver
How Do I Install Canon Printer Drivers?
A printer driver is the most important asset when it comes to the functionality of a printer. Without the printer driver, you will not be able to perform a print, scan, or fax job on the printer from your computer. Before we proceed to the topic, you must be aware of the fact that almost all the printers do come with a printer driver and only some do not. Also, if you have a Mac computer, you will have to download the driver from the official support site if your Mac doesn’t support CD drives. Carry out the below steps to know how do I install Canon printer drivers.
We will now be describing you the steps to install the Canon printer driver on a Windows computer.
Method 1: Using Installation CD
- If your Canon printer does come with an installation CD, you are in for the simplest installation.
- Take out the CD from the sealed package and insert it into the CD drive of your computer and how do I install Canon printer drivers.
- Sometimes, the computer will automatically detect the inserted CD and the setup window will open.
- Or else, you can perform a double-click on My Computer or This PC and select the CD drive.
- When the Printer Setup wizard opens, click the Next button.
- The License agreement page will open. Click the I Agree checkbox to proceed to the next step.
- Now, you will have to select the type of connection you want for the Canon printer.
- Click the USB connection radio button (initial connection) and click the Next button.
- You can simply follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you want to connect the printer to a wireless network, you can select the network from the list shown on your computer.
- Once the Canon printer is connected to the wireless network, you can remove the USB cable connected between the printer and the Computer.
Method 2: Using Downloaded Driver
If your Canon printer does not have an installation CD, this method can be used as an alternative.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the official Canon support URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- The Canon support page will open.
- In the search bar, you have to type the printer model number and press the Enter button.
- The Printer page will now open.
- Click on the Drivers tab and select your OS.
- Select the Download button right next to the driver from the list of available drivers.
- The Canon driver will be downloaded.
- Perform a double-click on the downloaded driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the setup wizard.
- You can initially connect the printer and the computer using a USB cable.
- Select a connection type and establish the connection.
- Once the printer driver has been installed, print a test page from the computer. Finally know how do I install Canon printer drivers.