- Gmail Not Opening
Why My Gmail Not Working?
Google’s Gmail works wonderfully, but at times, it refuses to work. There are some users who are facing a lot of problems with Gmail not opening on their Windows or Mac computer.
Some have posted saying that the Gmail not working issue is because of the recent installation of the Windows or Mac OS. When Gmail users are asked to authenticate their email addresses, they get a notification saying: Enter a password for the account “(null).”
The reasons for Gmail is not working can be endless. Here are the most commonly preferred troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
- Check if you are able to log in to Gmail from a web browser
- Close Gmail and restart the computer
- Enable the less secure apps on Gmail
Check if the Internet browser you are using is compatible with Gmail. The browsers that support Gmail are:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
Now, here are some troubleshooting methods that can resolve the problem.
Method 1: Update OS
A simple OS update can be the solution to the issue.
- Open Settings (Windows + I).
- Click Update & Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- Click on the System Preferences… option.
- Select the option Software Update.
- The Mac computer will check for available updates. If there are any, click on the Update Now button.
Method 2: Disable 2-factor Authentication
- Open the Safari browser and sign in to your Google account.
- Click on the Security option from the left section of the page.
- Scroll down to the Signing into Google section and click the 2-Step Verification option.
- Enter the Gmail password if prompted.
- At the top of your Gmail page, just click on the Turn Off option.
- Click the button in the confirmation window to turn off the two-step verification.
You will find Gmail working properly. If not, follow the other methods described below.
Method 3: Enable less secure apps
- Sign in to your Google account from a browser.
- Click Security.
- Scroll down the page to the Less secure apps access section.
- Click the Turn on access (not recommended) option.
- Click on the toggle switch for the option Allow less secure apps, and the slider will turn blue.
Method 4: Clear Cookies And Cache
- Move the cursor prompt to the upper-right corner of the browser window and click the three-dotted icon (Menu).
- You will now see a drop-down list appear. Move the cursor to the History option and then click History.
- The History window will now open.
- On the left, you will see the section Chrome History.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
- The Clear Browsing Data window will open.
- Click the Advanced tab. Now, select the checkbox for the option Browsing history.
- You can also select the time range from the drop-down list.
- Click the Clear Data button.
- Open the Mozilla browser on your computer.
- Move the cursor prompt to the upper-right corner of the window and click the three-lined icon.
- When you click on the three-lined icon, a drop-down list will open.
- Click Options.
- The Options tab will now open in the browser.
- From the left section of the Options tab, click the Privacy & Security option.
- The History section will now open on the right side of the page.
- Click the Clear History button.
- You can choose the time range for deleting the browsing history.
- Click the Clear Now button.
- You have seen the steps to delete the browsing history on the Mozilla browser successfully.
In order to resolve the Gmail not working problem, implement the methods in order, and you will be resolved from the issue. Please click on the Call button on this page to talk to our technical team.