- Touch Screen Not Working On Gateway Laptop
Why My Gateway Laptop Touch Screen Not Working?
Gateway touch screen laptops are getting more affordable nowadays. You can use them more efficiently when compared to their peers. They are designed to be technically excellent and can operate at high speed as they have the touch screen feature. It has been a common query that the Gateway laptop touch screen not working, which is caused due to various reasons. Let’s resolve your issue that makes your touch screen not working.
Making use of your PC for a long time
- Using your PC for a long time without proper rest for your machine may cause trouble with the touch screen. Just try to restart your PC. Sometimes, restarting your PC will lead to solving the issue, which you think is so complicated. So, before going through any process, try to restart your PC.
Clean your screen
- Make sure that your screen is neat and clean. Don’t allow dust to spread on your touch screen. Dust spread on the touch screen will make the sensor weak and cease to respond. So, try cleaning your screen without making the dust occupy your screen. Take a microfiber cloth and clean your screen cautiously so that the screen doesn’t get damaged.
Head towards the troubleshooting tool on your PC. Troubleshooting is the primary process that mainly resolves all your issues.
- Open your Control Panel and search for Troubleshooting in the search box.
- Select Troubleshooting and click on the View all option.
- Select Hardware and Devices and select the checkbox showing Apply repairs automatically on the Hardware and Devices page.
- Click Next after selecting the checkbox.
- If your desktop pops up with apply this fix screen, click on the Apply this fix option.
- Restart your PC after fixing the problem.
Turn On your touch screen drivers
Make sure that your touch screen driver’s option is enabled. Because enabling and disabling the driver option may work sometimes and make your touch screen function.
- Click on the Start menu and search for Device manager in the search box and click on it.
- You can see Human Interface Devices on the device manager screen. Double-click on it.
- Scroll down and select HD compliance touch screen from the list below Human Interface Devices.
- Right-click on HD compliance touch screen and make sure that the option is enabled.
- If not enabled, select Enable.
- If the driver is enabled, select disable and then enable it again.
- Now, restart your PC and make sure that your touch screen works.
Update your driver
If the above method doesn’t work in any case, try updating your touch screen driver.
- Go to Start menu>> Device manager>> Human Interface Devices>> HD compliance touch screen.
- Right-click on HD compliance touch screen and select the Update driver option.
- Confirm that your PC is already connected to the Internet before selecting Update driver.
- Your PC will search for the driver online and update automatically with a new driver.
- Accept and agree to the Terms and conditions and click OK.
- Click Finish after the update process is completed.
After performing the above steps, your touch screen will generally work as before. You can easily resolve the Gateway laptop touch screen not working issue by following the above easy steps.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.