- Fix HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Troubleshooting
Fix HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Troubleshooting
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer is an all-in-one machine. The printer prints with a speed of 22 pages per minute for black and 18 pages per minute for color. The printer is designed to perform various tasks; it is equipped well enough for automatic 2-sided printing and a dedicated 250-sheet paper tray. The wireless setup is relatively easy, and two methods of wireless setup are available. Even with some of the best features the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer possesses, there are chances that the printer might go through some issues.
Some of the problems That Could Cause The Printer Not To Work Correctly Are:
- Printer is Offline
- The printer has paper jams
- The printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi
In this particular article, you are going to see the different ways to troubleshoot the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer if it goes through some of the above-mentioned problems.
Issue 1: Not Connecting To Wi-fi
Print a test report to see what the problem is. Make sure that the printer is loaded with paper.
- Touch the Wireless icon on the HP printer control panel.
- Select Settings.
- Tap the Print Reports option and select Wireless Test Report.
- Check the connection status of the wireless network.
Here are a couple of methods that can help you connect to the wireless network.
Method 1: Wi-fi Protected Setup
(NOTE: Wi-Fi Protected Setup for Officejet pro works only if you have a WPS-enabled router).
- Make sure that the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer is turned on.
- From the HP printer control panel, tap the Wireless option.
- Touch the Settings option.
- You will find two options, Wireless Setup Wizard and Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Select the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. Within the next 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
- Once the connection is established, the Wireless light on the printer will turn solid.
Method 2: Wi-fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct makes the printer act as an access point.
- Make sure that you have the printer software downloaded and installed. First, you need to turn on Wi-Fi Direct.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Touch the Settings option.
- If the display shows Wi-Fi Direct off, tap on the option and turn it on.
- The HP printer will display the wireless settings (SSID and password).
- Now, with the help of the wireless settings, you can connect your computer or smartphone to the network.
(Let’s connect a smartphone to the Wi-Fi Direct network)
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Tap the Wi-Fi option.
- Select the SSID that goes by the name DIRECT-**-HP OfficeJet Pro 9015.
- Enter the password in the field, and the connection will be secure.
If the HP printer does not connect to the network despite the two mentioned methods, you can download the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool from the official HP support page.
Download Hp Print And Scan Doctor
HP Print & Scan Doctor is the most-used resource to troubleshoot the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer problems.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility from the official HP support page.
- Open the support page for the printer and click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Click the Utility-Diagnostic Tools section.
- Click the Download button for HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Solve The Issue Using Hp Print And Scan Doctor installation
- Once the download is complete, run the HPPSdr.exe file.
- Open the application and click the Start button.
- Add the HP printer to the utility.
- Depending on the problem, choose the appropriate option in the utility.
- Fix the wireless connection issue.
- Once resolved, you will see a green checkmark indicating that the printer has passed the test.
Issue 2: Printer Has Paper Jam
coPaper jam errors are pretty common when it comes to printers. With the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer, there are three places where you will come across a paper jam.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN AVOID PAPER JAMS:
- Place a new stack in the input tray on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that the paper you place isn’t damaged or curled.
- Make sure that you place only the HP-supported media for printing.
- Do not load paper beyond the tray limit.
Paper Jam In The Input Tray:
- Lift the output tray of the HP printer.
- Press the buttons on either side of the input tray, and remove them.
- Remove the remaining paper stack from the tray and keep it aside.
- Look inside for the jammed paper and make sure to get rid of it completely.
- Place the paper back into the tray and insert the tray back into the printer.
- Lower the output tray.
Paper Jam From The Print Zone:
- Turn off the printer.
- Open the front door.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Look inside the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer and see if there are any jammed papers inside.
- Move the carriage to the left or the right side inside the printer and discard the jammed paper.
- Use both your hands and gently remove the paper from the inside of the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door and the front door of the printer.
Paper Jam In The Document Feeder:
- Open the cover of the document feeder.
- Remove the jammed paper from the rollers gently.
- Lift the feeder tab from the side of the printer and remove the jammed papers if there are any.
- Close the document feeder tab and the cover of the document feeder until it snaps in place.
- Lift the feeder tray and discard the jammed papers if present and close the feeder tray.
You can use the above-mentioned paper jam solving steps to troubleshoot the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer for paper jam issues.
Issue 3: Printer Is Offline
If you find that the HP printer appears offline, the best way to troubleshoot is by using the three methods given here.
Fix 1: Disable The Firewall
There are times when the Firewall or the antivirus causes the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer to go offline.
- Open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Select the Programs option and click the Uninstall a program button.
- The window will now open a list of applications.
- Select the antivirus application and click the Uninstall button.
Fix 2: Restart Print Spooler Service
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Double-click and select the General tab.
- Under Service Status, click the Start button.
Fix 3: Set The Printer As The Default Machine
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the HP printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
Follow the different methods explained above to troubleshoot the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015E printer problems.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.