- Fix Canon Printer Not Responding
How To Fix Canon Printer Not Responding?
When you are facing the Canon printer not responding problem, it means that the printer is stand still and not responding as per the commands. It also denotes that the printer has stopped communicating with your computer. The reason behind this problem could be numerous. It could be due to a small reason to a more complicated technical issue. In the upcoming sections, we will proceed with the simple troubleshooting steps and move on to the more complex actions. So do follow the steps in a sequential manner to know how to fix canon printer not responding problem.
CHECK THE WIRED AND WIRELESS CONNECTIONS:
- Ensure that the printer is getting an uninterrupted power supply.
- Check whether the power cord is not damaged in any way.
- Remove the USB cable that connects your Canon printer to your computer.
- Wait for two to three minutes and reconnect it once again.
- However, you can connect the USB cable to a different USB port.
- If you are using a USB Hub to connect the printer, then try to connect directly.
- If you find any external damage to the USB cable, then change the cable as soon as possible.
- Check the network connection as well as your network devices like your router and modem.
- View the network connection status of your printer, and check whether the printer is properly connected to the network.
- If you have connected the printer using Bluetooth, make sure that the printer is close enough to your computer.
MAKE USE OF THE PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING WIZARD:
Windows OS provides a wonderful utility called Troubleshooting Wizard to help users fix printer issues. Perform the below steps to run the printer troubleshooting wizard.
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot from the left panel.
- Select your printer andclick on Run troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions stated in the Wizard to fix the printer problem.
- Open the Control panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Locate your canon printer.
- Right-click on it and choose Set as thedefault printer from the drop-down menu.
UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
The printer not responding problem may also occur if the printer drivers are outdated. If your Canon printer is more than one year old, then do check out the following steps.
- Go to the Windows search box.
- Type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Open the Control Panel from the search result.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Look for the Printer or Printer Queues option and expand them.
- Right-click on your Canon printer, then click Update Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to update the printer drivers.
- However, as an extra step, you can update your Windows computer as well.
- Choose Check for updates and install the latest software update available for your PC.
- Once done, restart your computer and printer.
CHECK THE FIREWALL SETTINGS:
The firewall can also be one of the reasons for the Canon printer not responding issue. Basically, a Windows firewall is a utility that protects the computer from unknown and vulnerable attacks.
- Go to the Control Panel window.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Allow an app or feature.
- Select Change Settings.
- Follow the on-screen to turn off the firewall settings.
- Now check whether your Canon printer is able to perform all the functions without any issues.
DISABLE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE:
If your PC has any third-party antivirus software, then this could also block the printer’s actions.
- Locate the antivirus software on your computer.
- If your antivirus program has the disable option, then try to use that option to disable it for some time.
- If the printer starts responding to your commands, then the real culprit is your antivirus software.
- If you are still facing the printer issue, then check out the following troubleshooting steps.
RESTART THE PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE:
Basically, the print spooler service manages your print jobs and the communication between the printer and your computer.
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to open the Run box.
- TypeServices.msc and press Enter.
- Click Print Spooler and click Restart the service.
- Now check whether your printer is able to print and respond to all your commands.
If you still have doubts regarding the above-given troubleshooting methods, then call us for more clarifications.
- Go to your HP Smart Tank printer’s EWS page.
- Click Tools > Utilities > Print Quality Toolbar.
- Now, your printer will start to print the alignment page.
- Once the page is printed, scan it to complete the alignment process.
To get more assistance on how to fix canon printer not responding, Contact our tech experts and get instant solutions.