- Error Code 50 On Brother Printer
Fix Brother Printer Error 50?
Error code 50 is a widespread error that occurs mostly in Brother printers. When the printer suddenly stops working, it means that it is facing issues due to some internal or external reason. Once you observe the error codes on the printer display screen, try to solve them as soon as possible. Leaving the error codes unsolved will affect the life of the printer in the long run. We have provided certain troubleshooting steps that you can follow to fix the Brother printer error 50.
SOME OF THE CAUSES OF THE ERROR CODE 50:
- There could be an opened cartridge access door.
- There might be an issue with the Brother ink cartridges.
- The paper tray could be empty.
- Cross-check whether there is any paper stuck inside the printer, which may stop the printer from working.
- Make sure that your Brother printer is compatible with the computer firewall.
- You can disable the firewall and check whether the software is working fine without any lag.
- There may be printer scanner negligence.
- Miscommunication between the computer and the printer could be another reason for the error code 50.
- There may be situations where your Brother printer is busy doing other printing duties.
So, these are some of the causes that may lead to the error code 50 on your Brother printer.
METHOD 1 – POWER RESET YOUR BROTHER PRINTER
As the first and the foremost step, power reset the printer. Follow the below steps to do so.
- While keeping the printer turned on, remove the power cord from the printer.
- Also, remove the power cable from the electrical outlet.
- Remove the USB connection.
- Wait patiently for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, attach the power cord to the power outlet and the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on the Brother printer.
- After finishing the warm-up period, the printer becomes idle where no light on the device blinks. Now, press and hold the printer’s Power button for about 30 seconds.
METHOD 2 – REMOVE AND REINSTALL THE INK CARTRIDGES ON THE PRINTER.
- First, turn on the Brother printer and then open the ink cartridge access door.
- Take off the ink cartridges one by one and check if they have sufficient ink.
- In case the ink is not enough, replace the old ink cartridge with a new one.
- Just reinsert the ink cartridges one by one and close the cartridge door properly.
- Print a test page to know whether the printer is performing well.
- Generally, with these two methods, one can resolve the error code 50 on their printer.
- If the issue persists, follow the troubleshooting methods provided below.
METHOD 3 – REINSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVER
- Remove the printer driver from your PC.
- Download the appropriate driver from the printer support page.
- Note: Make sure that you download the printer driver from the printer’s official website. Avoid third-party websites.
- Now, install the downloaded driver on your computer. Check if the error 50 on your Brother printer is resolved. If not, follow the next solution.
METHOD 4: SCAN YOUR PC FOR VIRUSES:
Usually, malware corrupts your computer’s file system and will eventually end up showing the error code 50.
- If you don’t have any of the antivirus software installed on your PC, then download a well-reputed antivirus software from the web.
- Make sure that you download the antivirus software from the official website.
- Once installed properly, perform a full system scan. It’ll take some time to complete the full system scan. In case you find any virus after the scanning, remove it from your system.
METHOD 5 – SERVICE YOUR PRINTER IN A NORMAL STATE
- If the earlier steps do not solve the problem, then it is recommended to service the printer. Make sure that you service your printer from an authorized dealer.
- We hope that the above steps would have definitely solved the Brother printer error 50. If you need any kind of clarification, don’t hesitate. Just call our technicians.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.