- Brother Hl L2380dw Issues
Fix Brother Hl L2380dw Offline
The Brother MFC 255CW printer lives up to being a multi-function printer. The printer offers a lot of benefits with different options to choose from. It is an ideal printer for those who want to work at home or are in need of an all-in-one printer for a small office. With the different printing capabilities, the printer offers more appeal. Despite the widest range of features, this particular Brother printer will go through some issues of its own. One such issue you are going to read about is the Brother MFC 255CW printer going offline. If you are going to print from a document on your computer, you won’t be able to print unless the printer is online. There are several reasons behind the printer going offline, but the solutions are quite easy to work on. Have a read on the troubleshooting methods, and these can come in handy anytime in the near future.
Before proceeding with the actual troubleshooting methods to resolve the offline error, here are some points to look at:
Set the Fix Brother Hl L2380dw printer as default
- You have to make sure that the Brother printer is powered on, and there are no sorts of errors displayed on the printer control panel.
- See if the printer is getting the proper power supply it needs. The issue could also be due to power failure or low voltage.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and see if it works again.
- If you are using a wired connection (USB), you need to check if the USB cable is properly connected between your printer and the computer.
- If you are working with an Ethernet cable, make sure that the ends of the cable are properly connected between the router and the Brother printer.
Method 1: Uninstall The Printer Driver And Install It Again
This is a simple troubleshooting method. An outdated printer driver can be one of the many reasons why the printer goes offline. A standard way of updating the driver is to uninstall and reinstall it. Here’s how it’s done.
Brother Hl L2380dw Offline For Windows
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Click the Apps option.
- A window will open with all the apps.
- Select the Brother driver and click the Uninstall button.
- Open the support page for the Brother printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Windows radio button from the Select OS Family section.
- Select the version of Windows from the Select OS Version section. Click the OK button.
- Scroll down the page and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
Brother Hl L2380dw Offline For Mac
- Click the Apple icon on the screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click the Print & Scan option.
- The printer driver installed on your computer will appear.
- Select the Brother printer driver and click the – icon.
- Open the support page for the Brother MFC 255CW printer.
- Once the page opens, click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Mac OS and the version of the Mac from the options as seen on the screen; click the OK button.
- Scroll on the page and click Full Software Package under the Full Software Package section.
- When the page opens, scroll down and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Run the installation for the driver and add the Brother MFC 255CW printer to the Mac computer.
You will no longer find the Fix Brother Hl L2380dw Offline. If the issue persists, proceed with the other methods.
Method 2: Brother Hl L2380dw Delete Pending Print Jobs
Having print jobs lined up in queue can be one of the reasons for the printer to go offline. With these simple steps, clear the print jobs.
- Click the Windows (Start) icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Click the Control Panel option from the list.
- Select the Hardware and Sound option.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Perform a right-click on the MFC printer and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab.
- Select the Cancel all documents option.
Restart the printer, and you will be resolved from the Fix Brother Hl L2380dw Offline status error.
Method 3: Print Spooler Restart
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Double-click and select the General tab.
- Under Service Status, click the Restart button.
Method 4: Set Brother Mfc 255cw Printer As Default
When you set the Brother printer as the default one on your computer, you can make sure that the printer does not go offline.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- Click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or the Printers & Scanners option.
- Choose the printer that is offline from the list of printers in the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- Click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the Brother printer from the list.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the MFC printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
With these simplified steps, you will no longer face the Brother MFC 255CW printer going offline problem.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.