- Brother 8850cdw Printing Issues
Fix Brother 8850cdw Printing Issues
If you’re encountering printing issues with your Brother 8850CDW printer, then the troubleshooting instructions given below will help you to resolve it. The below section explains how to fix Brother 8850CDW printing issues.
It is very common for an issue or error to occur while performing the print operation. Most of the issues encountered by many people are related to the print operation. Some of the most common issues are:
- Printer not printing
- Printer offline
- Can’t perform the print operation after a Windows 10 update
- Unable to print over a wireless or wired connection
On this page, you can find the solutions for the basic printing issues.
Scroll down this page to know how to fix Brother 8850CDW printing issues.
Issue 1: Unable to print over a wireless network
- If you’re unable to perform the print operation over a wireless network, then first check whether your printer is connected to the network. If not, connect it to the network and then try to perform the print operation.
- Check if any error message or code is displayed on your printer’s screen. If yes, resolve it and then perform the print operation.
- Verify whether your Brother printer is set as the default one on your Windows computer. To confirm it, go to your computer’s Control Panel section. Select the Devices and Printers option. If there is a checkmark beside your printer, then it means the printer is set as the default one. If not, right-click on your printer and select the Set as the default option.
- If any print jobs are queued, then either wait for them to complete or cancel them and then perform the current print operation.
- Check if your Windows computer and the Brother printer are connected to the same wireless network. If not, connect them together and then try to perform the print operation.
Issue 2: Cannot perform the print operation after a Windows 10 update
- Restart your Windows 10 computer.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same network.
- Make sure that the Brother printer driver has been reinstalled after the Windows 10 update.
Continue reading to fix the other Brother printing issue on your mobile phone.
Issue 3: Unable to print using Brother iPrint & Scan
- Make sure that your Brother printer is turned ON.
- Check whether any error message is displayed on the screen. If yes, identify and resolve it.
- Make sure that the Brother iPrint & Scan app is installed properly on your mobile phone.
- Check if your mobile phone and the printer are connected to the same wireless network. If not, connect them together and then perform the print operation.
To know more about how to fix Brother 8850CDW printing issues, contact us.