- Mac External CD Drive
Best External CD Drive for Mac
Apple has been phasing out built-in CD drives for Mac since it introduced MacBook Air in 2008. However, it does not mean that you cannot connect an external CD drive to your Mac device. You can surely add an external CD Drive that comes with a USB cable. You have to consider the following factors to choose any external CD drive for mac you are going to purchase.
- Build quality
- Single-cable operation
Benefits Of Using An External Drive
- Solidity built and cool minimalist in design.
- It is an excellent replacement for expensive built-in external drives.
- It supports the M-Disk format.
- It comes with a USB powered by default.
- Less expensive compared to other gadgets.
- Fast in performance and portable.
Mac Fails To Recognize External CD Drive
- First, check the USB connection between your external CD drive and your Mac. If it is not connected correctly, your Mac cannot recognize your external CD drive.
- Ensure that you have connected the external CD drive using a standard USB cable.
- Verify whether the flash drive port is working properly. If it is damaged, you cannot connect your external drive.
- Reboot your Mac and check if the problem has been resolved.
Sometimes, you can access the files stored on a CD or DVD hosted from another computer using the Remote Disc feature. Before sharing discs, you have to enable the DVD or CD sharing on your Mac. To do so, follow these steps.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option.
- Next, click the Sharing icon and enter a name for your computer in the Computer Name field.
- Check the DVD or CD Sharing checkbox and enable the Ask me before allowing others to use my DVD drive option.
- Now, your Mac is set to share discs.
- To use a shared CD drive, open the Finder window and select the Remote Disc tab from the left-side panel.
- Now, you can see the computer that has enabled DVD or CD sharing.
- Double-click the computer’s icon and click on Connect to access the contents of the shared CD drive. For any assistance in fixing the external CD drive for mac, you can contact our support team.