- Error Connecting to the Apple ID Server
Error Connecting to Apple Id Server Mac
Reasons for the occurrence of the error
At times, while using your Apple device, you might encounter a connection issue with the message: Error Connecting To Apple Id Server Mac. When you are attempting to connect your Apple device (iPhone or tablet) to your MacBook, your screen will refuse to respond. You can find the Apple ID error on the screen, and you cannot transfer data between your iPhone and MacBook.
When you try using the MacBook for recovery purposes, you will face the same error once again: “There Was An Error Connecting To The Apple Id Server.” So, you won’t be able to restore your data. In addition, you might not be able to access some of Apple’s apps and features.
Before you try to fix the problem, you need to check the Internet Settings. Next, ensure that your Wi-Fi is in good condition. Then, confirm that you have entered the correct Apple ID and Password.
Now, perform the following steps on Mac:
- First, ensure that you have set the correct Time Zone on your Mac.
- Next, select Applications and go to the Application Utility section.
- Choose Keychain Access.
- Click the Preferences option. Under Preferences, you will see a sub-menu.On your Wi-Fi router, press and hold the WPS Push button for three to five seconds.
- Select the Certificates option.
- Check whether the passwords for the Certification Online Tool and the Certification Revocation lists are the same.
Now, restart your Mac and check if the Apple ID server error pops up again. If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting methods described below to fix the error connecting to Apple ID server Mac.:
Methods to fix the error
1. Try re-signing
- On your Apple device, go to the Settings option. Navigate to the App & iTunes preferences section.
- At the top of your screen, click the Apple ID.
- A pop-up message will appear, and it will give you an option for signing out. So, sign out now.
- Sign in again. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step
2. Try changing your password
- Navigate to the Password & Security screen on your Apple device.
- Select the Change Password option.
- Now, change your password, enter all the necessary details, and try logging into your account.
- Usually, when you change your password, you will be resolving most of your Apple ID issues.
3. Try performing a hard reset of your Apple device
- Sometimes, the error might pop up due to a faulty DNS cache request saved on your Apple device. To solve the problem, you will have to hard reset the device.
- So, press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time for a minimum of 10 seconds.
The troubleshooting methods explained above should help you fix the error connecting to Apple ID server Mac.