- Epson Et-8550 Wired Setup?
Epson Et-8550 Wired Setup?
The flexible EcoTank All-in-One printer, Epson ET-8550, delivers lab-quality prints, wide-format color photos, graphics with vibrant colors, and sharp text with crystal clear quality. You can enjoy cartridge-free printing and astonishing media handling capacities. The wired setup provided below is for the newly purchased product. You can connect the device either by Ethernet or USB cable. So, let us see how to unbox Epson ET-8550 and look into the wired setup steps below.
Steps for Epson ET-8550 wired setup
Step 1: Unboxing the Epson ET-8550 printer
- Unpack the printer and all the components from the printer box.
- Remove the protective tapes and materials from the printer.
- If you are done with the basic setup, skip to Step 5.
Step 2: Turn on the Epson ET-8550 printer
- Connect the power cable to the rear side of the printer and the power outlet.
- Press the Power button on your Epson printer control panel and make sure that the LED light on the printer turns on.
- Select the Language, Date, and Time.
Step 3: Fill in the ink
- Open the scanner unit of the Epson ET-8550 printer. Open the ink tank cover and open the ink tank cap.
- Remove the ink bottles from the protective cover and open any of the ink bottle caps.
- Now, insert the ink bottle into the filling port of the ink tank and make sure that you fill the ink according to the respective ink tank color.
- Wait until the ink gets filled inside the tank, and do not squeeze the ink bottle.
- Close the ink tank cap once the ink gets filled.
- Repeat the steps for the remaining ink tank colors.
- Close the ink tank cover and lower the scanner unit of the Epson ET-8550 printer.
Step 4: Loading paper
- Pull out the paper cassette and align the paper guides to make the paper fit the tray.
- Place a stack of paper on the paper cassette by keeping the printable side facing down.
- Adjust the paper guides to hold the stack and push the paper cassette inside the Epson ET-8550 printer.
Step 5: Connecting Epson ET-8550 printer to router
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router and make sure that the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Check whether you have two Ethernet cables to connect your devices.
- Next, connect one of the ends of the Ethernet cable to the Wi-Fi router and another end to the Ethernet port of the Epson ET-8550 printer.
- Select the Network Settings on the printer touchscreen, and ensure that the Ethernet mode is on.
Step 6: Installation of software
- Ensure that the computer is turned on and connected to the Internet.
- Go to the official web page of Epson and download the software that supports your OS.
- Install the software after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Run the software and choose the Wired Network connection on the connection method page.
- Click Next and select Setup printer for the first time on the Select setup option screen.
- Continue with the remaining on-screen instructions to complete the setup and ensure that the printer gets connected to the computer.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.