Remove Write Protection from Memory Card
Detach the Write Protection from Micro SD / Memory Card
To eliminate and detach the write protection from Micro SD/memory card, you need to look for the Lock switch at the left side of the adapter. If the card is locked, then you will not be able to delete or modify the data on the SD card.
Read the steps to remove and Detach the write protection from Micro SD / Memory card
- Check the lock switch of the SD card to remove write protection.
- After unlocking the cartridge and perform a register modification.
- The step-by-step instructions are available for register modification.
- Use GP Edit to disable write protection from the SD card.
- Select Start, type gpedit.msc, and press Enter. Follow the instructions and disable write protection.
- Disable write protection from the memory card using disk part utility.
- Download & install the AOMEI Partition Assistant.
- The AOMEI software helps to format all disk types.
Study the elaborate steps to remove write protection from the Micro SD/ Memory card
- A detailed explanation for removing write protection from the memory card is given here, perform it accordingly.
- Try to modify the register. If you misuse it, then there are chances of software damage in your system. To modify the register, Click Start and type regedit. Right-click on regedit and select run as administrator. Then navigate the register catalog,
- The folder named StorageDevicePolicies exists in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\. If it doesn’t, then create a new folder. Right-click the current catalog Control and then select New & find the key. Save it as StorageDevicePolicies.
- Choose a new value for the parameter DWORD(32-Bit) for 32-bit OS or QWORD(64-Bit) for a 64-bit, by right-clicking the StorageDevicePolicies. Then, rename DWORD/QWORD and double-tab the line changing the value to 0. Extract the SD card from the system and reboot your computer.
- Disable write protection using GPEdit. Click the Start button, type gpedit.msc in the search dialog box and select Enter. Now go to the Computer configuration & then select Administrative Template—->System—> Removable Storage Access.
- Similarly, remove the write protection using diskpart utility. It allows you to manage the disk partitions & volumes. Click Start, open the command prompt, & type diskpart. To view the list of discs in the system, type “list disk” and select the disk in the disk number of your SD card.
- AOMEI Partition Assistant (free partition manager) that helps you to format all kinds of disks. The disk type includes SSHD, SSD, and any external hardware. If you format the Micro SD, it will delete all data on it. Download & install the AOMEI Partition Assistant software from online. Select the SD card that you need to format, right-click on it, and select Format. Choose any one of the listed file: NTFS, FAT32, Ext2, Ext3, ExFAT and click OK. Finish the pending operation and click Apply. For more guidelines for Detach the Write Protection from Micro SD / Memory Card issues get in touch with our tech experts.