- How To Create A USB Backup Of WD My Cloud?
Steps For Creating A USB Backup Of WD My Cloud
Are you looking for the right procedure for creating a USB Backup of WD My Cloud device? then you have reached the right page.
Two Different Ways
- Back USB port backups
- Front USB port with USB Copy button
Both the methods are easy to perform. The below section explains both the methods in detail.
Method 1: Back USB port backups
In this method, connect your WD My Cloud device and a USB device together using a USB cable to initiate the backup process. Perform this method if you wish to take a backup of your data from a USB device to the WD My Cloud device or vice versa.
- Initially, make sure that your WD My Cloud device is connected to the USB device.
- Now, open the WD My Cloud home page on your computer.
- Go to the Navigation tab.
- Select the Backups option followed by USB Backups.
- Initiate the backup process by clicking the Create Job button.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to enter the Job Name.
- In the Job Name field, type the desired name for your backup job. Set the Direction option as either USB to NAS or NAS to USB as per your desire.
- Choose the desired Source and Destination folders by clicking the Browse button available beside them.
- Similarly, select the desired Backup type from the suggestions given.
- If you want the drive to start the backup process as soon as it is connected to your computer, then set the Auto Start When Connected option to On.
- Now, click Create > Start Backup to complete creating a USB backup of your WD My Cloud device.
Method 2: Front USB port backups with USB Copy button
If you find the previous method somewhat tricky, then you can use this one to create a USB Backup of your WD My Cloud device.
- Initially, make sure that your USB device is not connected to the backport of the WD My Cloud device.
- Now, get a USB cable and connect the USB device to the front USB port of your WD device.
- Be sure that the USB cable is connected securely between the devices.
- Locate the USB Copy button provided above the USB port and hold it down for 5 seconds to initiate the backup process.
- Now, go to the WD Cloud home page.
- Click on the Navigation tab and select Backups > USB Backups.
- Make sure that the USB device that is connected to your WD device is displayed.
- Now, click on the button named Start Backup and follow the on-screen to complete the backup process.
To get remote assistance for creating a USB Backup of WD My Cloud, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.