- Windows 10 Cortana Is Not Working
Why My Cortana Not Working In Windows 10?
Cortana is the personal digital assistant on Windows 10 computers that helps the users find anything on their device, trace the packages and flights, create reminders, get weather information, and manage the calendars. It also allows them to access their microphones and collect speech and handwriting patterns. If the Cortana not working in Windows 10 on your computer, follow the below instructions to solve the issue.
- Go to the Start menu and enter Cortana in the search bar on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now, select Cortana & Search settings from the search results.
- Turn off the toggle key for the Hey Cortana option.
- Now turn on the toggle key to switch on Cortana and check whether Cortana is working correctly.
- Still, if it doesn’t work, follow the instructions below.
CHECK FOR UPDATES;
- Click on the Start button from the computer’s main screen and select the Settings option.
- Choose the Update & Security menu from the settings window.
- Now, select the Windows Update menu from the left pane of the screen.
- Click the Check for updates button on top of the screen to check for new updates on your Windows 10 computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update your Windows.
- Now, restart your computer and check whether Cortana is working or not.
- If Cortana is still not working, then follow the below steps.
CHECK THE FIREWALL:
- Click the Start button from the computer’s main screen and type Firewall in the text area.
- Now, select Firewall from the search results.
- Click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall option on the left pane.
- Select the Change settings option.
- In the Allow apps and features section, choose all the Cortana features.
- At last, select the OK button and check whether Cortana not working in Windows 10 issue is resolved or not.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.