- Connection Timeout Error Mac
Fix Connection Timeout Error Mac
While trying to connect your Mac computer to a particular Wi-Fi router, you might get the error message ‘A connection timeout occurred.’ There is a certain duration within which the connection must be established between your Mac computer and a wireless router. If the connection doesn’t happen within the specified time, then the connection timeout message will be displayed on the computer. This Connection Timeout Error Mac can be solved by following any of the methods given here.
Some basic troubleshooting steps:
- Check whether your wireless router is turned on or not. If it is not turned on, then turn it on.
- Restart your wireless router and wait until it is ready. Then try to connect to it from your Mac.
- Check whether you are able to connect to Wi-Fi from other wireless devices.
- Restart your Mac once and then try to establish a connection with Wi-Fi.
Tried the basic troubleshooting steps given above? Still, not able to connect to your Wi-Fi? Proceed to perform the troubleshooting methods given below.
Perform the steps mentioned in this section to set the preference for network selection on your Mac computer.
- Click the Apple icon on the desktop of your Mac computer.
- Select the System Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- In the System Preferences window, select Network.
- Now, when the Network window is opened, click the down arrow next to the Settings icon on the left panel.
- Click the Set Service Order option from the list.
- Now, reorder the list of internet connectivity options. Hold and drag the Wi-Fi option to the top of the list in the Service Order window.
- Click the OK button.
- Also, if you have any Ethernet cable connected to your Mac computer, remove it till you are able to connect to the Wi-Fi.
In this method, the steps given below would create a new location in the Network pane to solve the connection timeout error on Mac.
- Click the Apple icon and select the System Preferences option followed by the Network option.
- Now, click the Location drop-down menu and select the Edit Location option.
- In the next window, click the + sign and enter a name for the new location to be created.
- Click the Done button.
- Select the newly created location.
- Remove all other unwanted locations from the left pane.
- Now, select the Wi-Fi option from the pane.
- It will try to establish a connection to your Wi-Fi.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password when prompted.
Make use of the Wireless Diagnostics tool on your Mac to solve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue.
- Close all the applications on your Mac computer.
- Holding the Alt key on your keyboard, click on the Wi-Fi status menu. Select the Wireless Diagnostics option.
- If prompted, enter your Mac admin username and password.
- The Diagnostics will run, detect, and solve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue. Follow the on-screen instructions and prompts.
- When it is completed, click the Done button.
This will solve the connection timeout error on your Mac computer.
If the Connection Timeout Error Mac persists, get assistance from our technical experts by clicking the Call button provided below.