- Connection Failed Bluetooth on Mac
How to Connection Failed Bluetooth Mac
If your Mac device fails to connect to Bluetooth devices, carry out the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods.
- First, turn off the Bluetooth pairing device and turn it on after a few minutes.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu available at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the System Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- In the System Preferences window, select the Bluetooth icon.
- In the Bluetooth window, locate the Bluetooth device that is causing the problem and click the X icon near the Bluetooth device name.
- Restart the Mac computer and try to connect the Bluetooth device after a few minutes.
- On your Mac desktop, open Finder and click the Go menu.
- Select the Go to Folder option from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, press the Command + Shift + G shortcut keys to open the Go dialogue box.
- Type “/Library/Preferences” in the text box and click the Go button.
- In the Preferences window, locate the “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” file from the displayed list.
- After selecting the plist file, move it to Trash.
- Open the Finder menu again and select GO followed by Go to Folder.
- Type “/Library/Preferences/ByHost” in the text box and click the Go button.
- Locate the “com.apple.Bluetooth.xxx.plist” file and move it to Trash.
- Make sure to empty the Trash folder.
- If you aren’t able to move the plist files, launch the Terminal app.
- Enter “sudo rm -R /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” in the Terminal window and press the Enter key.
- If prompted, enter your Mac administrator password.
- Close the Terminal window and restart your Mac.
- After restarting, turn on the Bluetooth feature on your Mac and try to connect the Bluetooth device.
- On your Mac, click the Bluetooth icon available at the menu bar while pressing the Shift + Option keys.
- Click the Debug option and select Remove all devices from the drop-down menu.
- This will reset the Bluetooth module.
- Now, restart your Mac and check if you could connect the Bluetooth device.
- If the Connection Failed Bluetooth Mac problem remains unsolved, contact our technical support team by clicking the Call button available on this screen for remote assistance.