- CBrother Printer Wireless Setup
How to Connect To Brother Printer Wirelessly?
Suppose your Brother printer offers the flexibility of wireless connectivity along with standard mobile connectivity options, like AirPrint (for iOS users) and Mopria (for Android users), you have the freedom to connect the Brother printer wirelessly. Furthermore, you can use the printer wirelessly with the Windows and Mac computers by installing the relevant Brother printer drivers. Apart from this, you can use the Brother printer’s official application (Brother iPrint & Scan) for printing wirelessly through your smartphone. Here, we will discuss the steps that will be useful to connect the Brother printer wirelessly over any network device.
Brother Printer Wireless Setup – Windows Computer:
- Turn on your Windows computer and establish a good Internet connection.
- Ensure that all the devices are connected with each other (Brother printer, router, and Windows computer).
- Before setting up the wireless connection, you need to download and install the latest printer drivers for your Brother printer.
- You can install the printer drivers using the CD-ROM or download the drivers from Brother’s official website.
- Open your default browser and visit the manufacturer’s website.
- Select your OS family, OS version, and click on OK.
- Now, you can download the relevant drivers for your Brother printer.
- As you have successfully downloaded the drivers, it’s time to install the same on your Windows computer.
- Double-click on the downloaded Setup File to run the installation process.
- Read the terms and conditions and select the checkbox.
- In the setup wizard, choose your network and click Next.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions. Finally, choose your machine and hit Finish.
- So, your Brother printer’s wireless setup (Windows) and How to Connect To Brother Printer Wirelessly is over.
Brother Printer Wireless Setup – Mac Computer:
- Open your Mac computer and connect to a reliable Internet connection.
- Connect all the three devices with each other (Brother printer, router, and Mac computer) and How to Connect To Brother Printer Wirelessly.
- So, it’s time to download the latest printer drivers for your Brother printer.
- Open your default web browser and land on the manufacturer’s website.
- You need to choose your Operating System and the OS version and click OK.
- Make sure that you select your current location before downloading the drivers.
- From the list of drivers, download the drivers that are relevant to your printer’s model number.
- Now, go to the Downloads folder and locate the downloaded driver file.
- Double-click on the downloaded Setup File to run the installation and How to Connect To Brother Printer Wirelessly.
- When prompted, temporarily connect the USB cable between the printer and your Mac computer.
- Make sure that your Brother printer is turned on during the whole setup process.
- In the setup wizard, a list of available networks will be displayed.
- Choose your network and click Next.
- Enter the network key and click Next.
- On the wireless settings confirmation page, click Next.
- The settings will automatically pass on to your Brother printer.
- Choose your machine from the list and hit Finish.
- So your Brother printer’s wireless setup (Mac) is over.
Steps to Utilize the Wi-fi Direct Feature:
- Turn on your Brother printer after connecting it to a reliable power source.
- Use the touch screen or navigation buttons to complete the Wi-Fi Direct setup.
- Press the Settings icon from the control panel, and then press the All Settings option.
- Use the navigation buttons to select the network option and press OK.
- Under network settings, choose Wi-Fi Direct and press the OK button.
- Under Wi-Fi Direct, tap on Manual.
- When you see that Wi-Fi Direct is on, press 1 to enable the Wi-Fi Direct Network.
- You will be able to see the Network Name (SSID) and Network Key (Password) for a few minutes.
- Note it down for future reference.
- Open your smartphone and turn on the Wi-Fi settings.
- You will see a lot of wireless networks on your screen. Choose the Brother wireless network from the list.
- Connect to it by entering the Network Key (password), which you have noted down earlier.
- Download the Brother iPrint&Scan application from the Google Play Store (Android user) or Apple Store (iOS user).
- Now, you can access your Brother printer wirelessly or How to Connect To Brother Printer Wirelessly and continue with your workflow.
Brother Printer – Wi-fi Setup Method:
- Power on your Brother printer and go to the display panel.
- Next, tap on the Settings icon.
- Choose the Network Setup option.
- On the next screen, select the Wireless Settings option.
- Tap on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now, the printer searches for the available Wi-Fi networks in its range.
- Just select the network to which you want to connect.
- Enter the password of your Wi-Fi network by using the on-screen display keyboard or dedicated buttons.
- Once the password is typed correctly, tap on Done.
- On the Confirm Settings page, you will be able to see the Network Name, Security Status, and Wireless Password.
- If you see that the blue light is turned on and blinks continuously, it shows that your Brother printer is successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network or How to Connect To Brother Printer Wirelessly.
Brother WPS Connection:
- If your router supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), then you can easily connect your Brother printer to the wireless network.
- Place the Brother printer within the range of your WPS access point.
- Turn on the Brother printer and wait until it gets into the Ready state.
- Hold on to the WPS button on your router for a few seconds.
- Press the Wireless setup button on your Brother printer for less than 2 seconds.
- The machine will search for a WLAN access point/router and connect automatically.
- If the connection fails, check for any error codes on the printer WLAN report.
- By following any of the methods mentioned on this page, you can easily connect your Brother printer to your network device wirelessly or How to Connect To Brother Printer Wirelessly.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.