Canon Printer Paper Jam Error
Paper jams that occur in a printer can affect the printing process. The error message appears on the operation panel of the printer. It happens in several areas and must be cleared quickly to avoid damages caused to the printer.
Quick instructions to resolve the Canon printer paper jam error
- Power Off your Canon printer and disconnect the power cord.
- Open the printer’s paper output tray and lift the cover.
- Verify if jammed papers are present under the cartridge holder.
- Hold the paper jams firmly in both hands.
- Pull out the papers slowly without tearing it.
- Ascertain if you have removed all the jammed papers from your printer.
- Lower the cover and reconnect the power cord at the printer’s rear.
- Check if the paper jam error has been rectified.
Best solutions to rectify paper jam error in Canon printer
- To clear paper jams in the paper output slot, gently pull the paper out. Turn Off and On the printer, if you are not able to remove the paper, it might get ejected automatically by the device.
- Reload the papers into the input tray and then press the Stop or Reset button on the printer.
- Make sure to place the correct paper size that is required for your print job. Paper is jammed inside the printer at the transport unit, switch Off the device and unplug the power cable. Place the printer with the right side facing downwards.
- Push the lever to open the transport unit. Pull the jammed papers out slowly and then close the transport unit. Reconnect the power cable and then switch On the printer.
- Check if the error has been resolved. To remove jammed papers inside the printer, power Off the device. Disconnect the printer’s power cord from the rear of it and also from the power source.
- Remove the papers from the front tray if present. Ascertain that the fine cartridge holder does not hang over the paper. Move the cartridge holder to the left and right to remove the jammed paper.
- Hold the jammed papers in your hands and pull it out slowly without tearing. Make sure if you have removed all the jammed papers.
- Lower the paper output cover and then insert sheets of paper into the input tray. All the print jobs that are present in the queue will be canceled.
- Carry out the print job again if necessary. If the paper jam issue is not resolved even after following the steps mentioned above then, check if any foreign objects are present around the paper output slot area.
- Look if there are any obstructions are present in the front tray region. Make sure you do not insert papers that are curled.