- Offline Issue On Canon Printer
Why My Canon Printer Offline On Mac?
Canon printer offline is a common issue encountered by most of the printer users. This issue mainly occurs when your Canon printer and the Mac computer are not connected to the same network. The other reasons for the printer Offline issue are listed below:
- Outdated printer driver
- Unstable connection between the Canon printer and Mac
- Corrupted printer software
- Initially, make sure that the Canon printer and your Mac computer are connected to each other.
- Check the cables connected between the printer and Mac computer.
- Make sure that the printer is turned ON.
- Check if the printer’s paper tray has enough paper to perform the print operation. If not, fill the tray with enough paper.
- If the Low Ink message is displayed on the printer’s LCD screen, then refill or replace the ink cartridge.
- Check and update the printer driver on your Mac computer. To check for the printer update, follow the below instructions.
- On your Mac computer, click the Apple menu.
- Select the Software Update option.
- Now, if the printer update is available, then the update process will automatically start.
- After updating the printer driver, restart your Mac computer by clicking the Apple menu followed by Restart.
Reset Printer On Your Mac
- Open the System Preferences window on your Mac computer.
- Click the Print & Scan option.
- Now, locate the printer list. Right-click on the Printer list while holding down the Ctrl button on your Mac computer’s keyboard.
- Select the Reset Printing System option.
- Click + or Add Printer or Scanner and select your printer.
- Now, the printer installer will automatically download and install the printer driver on your Mac computer.
- After reinstalling the printer, check whether the Canon printer offline issue on Mac issue is resolved. If not, contact our technical experts.