- Canon Device Manager Utility On Windows 10
Canon Printer Device Manager On Windows 10
Canon printer Device Manager is a utility included in the Windows OS that allows you to control the devices connected to the computer. From the Device Manager, you can see the activity status of the device connected to the computer. If a hardware that is connected to the computer is facing any issue, check it on the device manager to troubleshoot the problem. Also, you can make changes to the driver of any device installed on your computer using Device Manager. Read more on how to check and solve the Canon printer problems using the Device Manager on a Windows 10 computer.
Problem-1: Printer Doesn’t Connect Via USB Cable
- If your Canon printer is not recognized, even after reconnecting the printer to the computer, try reinstalling the USB driver.
- Remove the USB cable connected between your computer and the printer.
- Click the Start icon and then click the Settings icon.
- Select Devices > Printers & Scanners > Device Manager.
- Find the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click the USB driver and choose Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the USB driver, close the Device Manager window.
- Install the USB driver and again connect the USB cable.
Problem-2: Issue While Using The Printer
- Sometimes the printer may not work properly and the reason for this could be the old printer driver installed on the computer.
- The only possible solution is to update the printer driver.
- Open the Device Manager on the desktop.
- Under Printer, right-click the Canon printer driver and choose Properties.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Select the Update Driver button.
- Save the changes and check if the problem is fixed.
- If the problem exists, then go to the General panel.
- Verify if the printer is enabled. If not, select the Enable Device button.
- Still, if you are not sure of the issues that occurred, then click the Events tab.
- If you want to see all the driver records, select View All Events. Now your problem is solved using Canon printer Device Manager.