- Blocked Canon Printer
Canon Printer Blocked?
Most of the problems with the Canon printers can be fixed with common troubleshooting solutions. One such issue we are going to walk you through is how to solve a blocked Canon printer. A blocked printer doesn’t mean it’s not printing or blocked nozzles. But it signifies that the Canon printer is offline or there is a compatibility issue with the printer driver. Canon printers are reliable when it comes to performing all-in-one tasks. When your printer stays idle for a longer time, it can become blocked. Here are some simple methods that can resolve the Canon printer blocked issue.
Fix 1: Check the hardware setup
Check whether the initial setup process is done successfully.
- See if the power cord is connected to the main power source and the printer.
- Check if the USB cable is firmly attached to the printer and the computer or the printer is connected to the wireless network.
- Most Canon printers at present are wireless. The best solution would be to reconnect the Canon printer to the wireless network.
Fix 2: Printer is Offline
The offline issue is one of the main reasons why your Canon printer might appear blocked. Here are a handful of solutions to resolve the issue.
Set the printer as default
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Hardware and Sound option.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the Canon printer and select the option Set as default printer.
Delete pending print jobs
- Open the Control panel on your computer.
- In the Control Panel window, click the Hardware and Sound option and click the Devices and Printers option.
- Do a right-click on the Canon printer and select the option See what’s printing.
- Go to the Printer tab and choose Cancel All Documents.
- Delete the pending print jobs in the list.
Restart the Canon printer, and you will no longer find it blocked.
Fix 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the printer driver
One more reason for the Canon printer being blocked is the driver compatibility issue. Here’s how you can update your printer driver.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the URL for the Canon Printer support page.
- Search for the Canon printer.
- Click Drivers, Softwares & Firmware.
- Choose your Operating System and language from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the support page and locate the option E3100 series Full Driver & Software Package.
- Click on the driver’s name and a new page will open.
- Click the Download button.
- Perform a double-click on the downloaded driver to start the installation.
- Click the Start Setup button.
- The download progress will take place (this will take less than a minute); follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the connection screen opens, click Wireless LAN connection or the USB connection and complete the setup.
With simple troubleshooting methods, you can resolve the Canon printer blocked.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.