- Canon Mac Unable To Startup The Session Error
How To Fix Canon Mac Unable To Startup Session Error?
First troubleshoot the printer settings to make sure it works after fix the error canon Mac unable to start session error.
- Check the Canon printer for power shortages.
- Disconnect and reconnect the printer to the power source.
- Check if the cartridges have run out of ink. If so, replace them.
- Remove any unwanted cables that are connected to the printer.
- Make sure your Mac OS is up-to-date.
- Uninstall and install the printer driver and set up the printer to the Mac computer again and check if the canon Mac unable to start session error is persist.
If the solutions above do not help in resolving the Startup session Error, there are a few straightforward solutions you can follow.
- Remove any other printers that you have added to the Mac from the Printers & Scanners preferences pane.
- Reset the printer to Factory default settings.
- To reset the printer to factory settings, press the Setup button on the printer control panel.
- Press and hold the + button until you see the number 13 on the LCD screen. Press the black or Color button on the printer.
Reset The Mac Printing System
Follow the steps to reset the printing system on your Mac computer.
- Click the Apple icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the System Preferences option from the list.
- The System Preferences page window will open; navigate and select the Printers & Scanners option.
- On the left side of the Printers & Scanners Preferences pane, you will see the Canon printer and the connection status right below.
- Right-click on the left pane in the Preferences window and select the option Reset Printing System from the list.
- The Mac system will now ask you for confirmation, whether you want to reset the printing system.
- Enter the Mac administrator password when prompted and click OK.
- All of your Mac print settings will be reset, and the canon Mac unable to start session error will be cleared.