- Canon Error Code 801 Scan To Email
Canon Error Code 801 Scan To Email
If the error code 801 occurs when you try to perform the Scan to Email function on your Canon printer, it might be due to the following reasons.
- A timeout error could have occurred while the printer was communicating with the SMTP server.
- Due to an incorrect destination.
- An error on the server side during transmission to the file server.
- Sending the file to destination for which you do not have write permission.
- Specifying an incorrect folder name or password.
Refer to the steps provided below to resolve the 801 error code on the Canon printer.
- Check the status of the network. If the network connection is not proper, this error could occur.
- The functionality of the SMTP server should be proper.
- Make sure that you have specified the correct destination.
- Now, check if the error code 801 has been resolved.
- If not, set up the Scan to Email function on the Canon printer as per the steps given here.
- Open a browser and enter the Canon printer’s IP address in the address bar.
- Select the System Manager Mode option, fill the System Manager ID and System Manager PIN fields correctly, and click Log In.
- Click the Setting/Registration link in the right panel.
- Select the Send option in the left panel and click the Network Settings – Email/Fax Settings link in the main panel under the Common Settings section.
- Fill both the SMTP Server and Email Address fields with the correct details.
- Select the checkbox next to the ‘Allow SSL (SMTP TX)’ and ‘Use SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH)’ options.
- Fill the User, Password, and Confirm fields with valid information.
- Click the OK option at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, try the Scan to Email operation on your printer and check if the issue has been resolved.
- If you have any doubts in resolving the Canon Error Code 801 Scan To Email on the printer, contact our technical experts by clicking the Call button.