- Finding Samsung Printer WPS Pin
How Can I Find WPS Pin on Samsung Printer?
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a connection method, as you would have known already, that enables connecting a device to a wireless network without entering the network password. Most of the modern day devices support WPS and few don’t, citing security reasons.The Samsung printers have the WPS button — to support the wireless connection — on the control panel. Note: This might vary depending on your printer model. There are two methods available for a wireless network connection using WPS. They are PBC (Push Button Configuration) and PIN (Personal Identification Number). Now, if you are wondering whether you can find WPS pin on samsung printer easily, then the answer for you is, “Yes, you can!” To know how to connect the Samsung printer to a wireless network using the WPS PIN method, refer to the step-by-step instructions given here.
Step 1 – Finding The WPS PIN
- Samsung SL-M2830DW Xpress Mono Laser printer
- On the control panel of the Samsung printer, press the Cancel button.
- Hold the Cancel button for about four seconds.
- This will print the Network Configuration Report.
- Note: If you hold the Cancel button for less than four seconds, it will only print a Standard Configuration Report.
- On the printed Network Configuration Report, you could see the eight-digit PIN in the WPS field under the Wi-Fi Network Information section.
- For some of the Samsung printers, you have to press the WPS button on the control panel.
- Hold it for more than 10 seconds.
- Get the eight-digit PIN on the Network Configuration Report.
Step 2 – WPS On Wireless Router
- Now, press the WPS button on your wireless router and hold it.
- Wait until the Status LED stays lit.
Step 3 – Entering The WPS PIN
- Access the wireless router’s web interface page on your computer.
- Enter the eight-digit PIN on the Wireless settings page.
- The WPS LED stays lit on the printer if the wireless network connection is established successfully.
Step 4 – Software Installation
Install the printer software using the installation CD. Now you successfully find WPS pin on Samsung printer.