- Brother Printer Offline Windows 7
Brother Wireless Printer Offline Windows 7
Sometimes, your wireless Brother printer troubles you with the offline issue. It is pretty common and is known to interrupt the work done by the user occasionally. The most common reason/cause behind this problem is that the power cord might get loose or the printer would’ve turned off. However, it is easy to fix. In case you are facing this offline problem on your Windows 7 computer, check this post for more detailed Brother Wireless Printer Offline Windows 7 solutions.
Performing the Basic Brother Printer Offline Troubleshooting
- At times, the power cord that is connected to the Brother wireless printer might get loose. So, you can check it. Look at the printer and check whether it is turned off or not. If it is turned off, turn on the printer.
- Now, check the printer control panel for any errors. If there are any errors on the LCD screen, try to identify what caused the error and clear it out. You can now check to see whether the Brother Wireless Printer Offline Windows 7 problem is resolved or not.
Set the Brother wireless printer as the default one
The easiest way to resolve the offline issue is by setting the printer as the default one. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Windows computer, go to Control Panel. From there, select Hardware and Sounds. Now, choose the Devices and Printers option.
- In the Devices and Printers section, locate and right-click the printer icon.
- Choose Set as default printer. This method should resolve the ‘Brother wireless printer offline on windows 7’ issue.
Deleting the Print Jobs – Brother Printer Offline
- By deleting the print jobs, you can resolve the offline issue. To do that, go to the Control Panel window on your Windows computer. Choose Hardware and Sounds and then select Devices and Printers.
- From there, locate and right-click the Brother wireless printer icon. Select See what’s printing. Now, click the Printer menu at the top-left corner.
- Now, select Cancel All Documents. By deleting the print jobs, the offline issue might get resolved.
Most importantly, you need to disable the Use Printer Offline option. It brings the Brother wireless printer from the offline status to online. Here’s how to do it.
Bringing the Brother Wireless Printer from Offline to Online
On your Windows computer, navigate to Control Panel. Select Hardware and Sounds and then choose Devices and Printers. In that section, locate and right-click the printer icon. Select the See what’s printing option. Choose the Printer menu at the top-left corner. Now, check whether the Use Printer Offline option is deselected or not. If it is selected, deselect it.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver
Sometimes, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver might resolve the offline issue. It can be done using a few simple steps.
- Using your Windows 7 computer, go to Control Panel. Select Hardware and Sounds and then choose Devices and Printers.
- In that section, locate and right-click the Brother wireless printer icon. Now, select Remove device.
- Now, you can download the latest printer driver from the Brother manufacturer’s website.
That’s it. These are the most applied ways to fix the Brother Wireless Printer Offline Windows 7 issue. You can try implementing the steps as described above.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.