- Brother printer offline windows 8-1?
Brother printer offline windows 8-1?
Any machine in this world will go through some technical issues, which is unavoidable. If your Brother printer goes offline when connected to Windows 8.1, we recommend you read this article completely to solve your problem.Follow the troubleshooting methods provided below to fix the problem that you have encountered.
Basic troubleshooting methods to fix Brother Printer offline in Windows 8.1
Restart your Windows 8.1
- Check whether your Brother printer screen shows any error.
- If it shows any particular error, perform the troubleshooting steps to fix the specific error.
- If there is no error, click Start on your Windows 8.1 computer and choose the Restart option.
- Wait until the computer resumes.
- Disconnect the Brother printer and reconnect it to your computer.
- Make sure that the Brother printer goes online.
- If it shows any error like Paper jam, move on to the following method.
- Paper Jam is one of the reasons that can make the printer go offline. Solving the paper jam issue will also help fix the printer that goes offline.
- Firstly, remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- Lots of print jobs in the print queue will result in paper jams. So, cancel all the documents in the queue and restart your computer. To do the same, follow this path:
- Navigate to Start button > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Brother printer and choose See what’s printing.
- In the following window, click the Printer tab and choose the Cancel All Documents option.
- Now, check whether the paper jam issue gets fixed.
Check your Internet connection
- Make sure that your Brother printer is connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Check whether your computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi to which the Brother printer is connected.
- Also, ensure that the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- After ensuring the above-mentioned points, check whether the Wi-Fi connection is strong.
- Connecting the device to a poor connection will also result in the printer going offline.
- So, restart your Wi-Fi router and check whether the Brother printer goes online.
- If not, connect your Brother printer to another Wi-Fi router that has a strong Internet connection.
- Also, connect your Windows computer to the replaced router.
- Make sure that the Brother printer goes online now.
Disable Use Printer Offline
- Click Start on your computer.
- Choose the Control Panel option from the list.
- Select the View Devices and Printers option under Hardware and Sound.
- Make sure that your Brother printer is listed on the Devices and Printers page.
- Right-click on the printer and make sure that it is Set as default.
- Once selected, right-click on the Brother printer again and choose the See what’s printing option from the list.
- In the following window, select the Printer tab.
- Check whether the Use Printer Offline option is disabled.
- If not, disable it.
- Now, restart your Windows 8.1 computer and check whether your Brother printer goes online.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.