- Brother Offline Mac
Brother Printer Offline Mac
Is your Brother printer offline on your Mac? Check if your printer is turned on because most of the printers will go offline if it is turned off. Sometimes a faulty printer driver may cause the printer offline issue. To know the steps to troubleshoot the Brother Printer Offline Mac issue in detail, follow the sections given below.
Solution 1: Check the Connection
- First, turn on your Mac if it is turned off.
- Check the power cord connected to the printer.
- For repeated power loss, change the power supply or connect the power cord to a different wall outlet.
- Next, check the USB cable connecting the devices. Ensure that the cable is firmly connected at both end ports.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, use the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool to diagnose and repair the connection issue automatically.
Solution 2: Check the Printer Driver on your Mac
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu at the top-left corner of the desktop and select the System Preferences option.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon in the System Preferences window.
- Select your printer name from the left-side panel.
- Under Location, verify which printer is selected next to Kind.
- If AirPrint is selected, you have to add a CUPS driver to fix the Brother Printer Offline Mac issue.
- Click the Add icon below the printers list.
- Click the Default tab and select your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- Next, click the Use drop-down menu and select your CUPS printer driver.
- Click Add and check if the CUPS driver is selected for your printer.
- If necessary, set your printer as default on your Mac.
Solution 3: Reset Printing System
This solution is recommended when no troubleshooting steps resolve the Brother Printer Offline Mac issue.
- To begin with, click the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option.
- Click on Printers & Scanners in the System Preferences window.
- In the printers section, right-click on the empty space and select the Reset printing system option.
- Click OK and enter the administrator password if prompted.
- Wait until the printing system resets.
- Restart your printer and add it to your Mac.
Now, the Brother printer offline issue on your Mac should be fixed.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.