- Brother Printer Offline And How To Turn Online?
Brother Printer Offline How To Turn Online? – Guidelines
If you properly configure a printer and make all the connections correctly, you can escape from many printer problems. So, it is always recommended to take time while setting up a new printer. One of the most repetitive issues most users face these days is printer offline. The root cause could be miscommunication between the printer and the network device. In this guide, we have provided some of the troubleshooting methods that can help you answer the query – Brother printer offline how to turn online.
Soft Reset The Brother Printer:
- First, turn off the Brother printer.
- Disconnect the printer from the power outlet.
- Leave the printer as it is for about one to two minutes.
- Connect the power cord and turn on the printer.
Check The Overall Connections:
- A damaged cable can also lead to an offline printer issue.
- Brother recommends USB cables that have twisted-pair wiring and are not more than 6 feet long.
- Ensure that your PC’s firewall setting is not blocking the network connection.
- Brother also recommends checking the printer’s LCD screen for any error messages. If you find any errors, fix it first.
- Once you have checked all the printer connections, print a test page.
Cross-Check The Cartridge And Paper Compartments:
- Take out the ink cartridges from the Brother printer and check whether there are any tapes left unremoved.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges, ink bottles, or toner cartridges are correctly fitted.
- Check whether the print head is clean or not. If not, go ahead with the print head cleaning process.
- Sometimes, the printer offline issue could be due to a paper jam.
- If that is the case, then gently pull the paper tray and remove the jammed paper.
- Once done, load some paper and try to print an alignment page.
Remove And Re-Add The Printer:
Re-adding the printer is one of the troubleshooting methods you can try to fix Brother Printer Offline How To Turn Online issue..
- Click on the Windows Start icon, type Devices and printers in the search bar.
- You will see the list of printers that are connected to your PC or present within the range.
- Locate your Brother printer, right-click on its icon and choose Remove Device.
- Wait for a few minutes and re-add the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
- On your computer, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right click on your Brother printer and choose See what’s printing. Then go to the printer tab; if you notice that the Use Printer Offline option is marked, uncheck the option.
- This troubleshooting method will eventually solve the printer offline issue. If not, then do check out the following troubleshooting steps.
Make Your Brother Printer As The Default One:
- Make sure that you set your Brother printer as the default one.
- If you click Print, and your Brother printer is not the default one, the system may try to connect to a different printer.
- To set your Brother printer as the default one, choose Windows > Start menu > Control Panel window > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Brother printer and select Set as default printer to solve Brother Printer Offline How To Turn Online issue.
Outdated Printer Drivers:
The problem can also occur due to an outdated driver. So it is necessary to update the drivers for smooth printer experience.
- Open your default web browser and land on the Brother’s support page.
- Select the OS Family and OS Version, and then click the OK button.
- Under the Drivers section, select the relevant driver.
- Read the End-User License Agreement and click Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Once downloaded, follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated printer drivers on your computer.
We hope that the above troubleshooting steps have solved your Brother Printer Offline How To Turn Online issue. If not, then do call our technicians for further assistance.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.