- Brother Printer Connected To Wifi But Offline
How To Fix Brother Printer Offline But Connected To Wifi?
Brother printers are sensitive devices that react quickly and send a printer offline message even when there is a slight voltage fluctuation. This is quite acceptable because a shortage of power would naturally affect the overall printer’s performance. Sometimes, the offline issue occurs when the user makes changes to their PC. You need to follow the below troubleshooting steps to fix Brother printer offline but connected to wifi problem and bring back the Brother printer from an offline state to online.
Soft Reset The Printer:
Sometimes, little actions make a big difference. Likewise, resetting the printer could sort out the printer offline issue.
- First, turn off your printer and disconnect it from the power cord.
- Leave the printer as it is for about 60 seconds.
- Again, connect the power cord and turn on your Brother printer.
- Now, check whether the printer offline issue persists or is gone.
Check The Overall Connections:
- If your Brother printer’s LCD display is not lit up, then check whether the printer is turned on.
- Also, check whether the power cable is not damaged in any way.
- Ensure that your PC’s firewall setting is not blocking the network connection.
- Check your display and ensure that there are no messages like a paper jam or ink/toner cartridge empty.
- If your printer displays any error codes, kindly go through them to solve the same.
- Restart your printer and wait for 1-2 minutes until the printer is fully functional.
Cross-check The Cartridges And Paper Units:
- Take out the ink cartridges from the printer and check whether there are any tapes left unremoved.
- If the printer is running on an ink tank system, have a look at the printer’s front display, which shows the ink levels.
- If you find any empty tanks, then fill the ink tanks up to a certain level.
- If your printer has a toner cartridge, then verify that it is fixed appropriately.
- Anyways, if you haven’t changed the cartridge system of your printer, then do change it right away.
- Sometimes, the error could be coming from a paper jam.
- If that is the case, then gently remove the jammed paper.
- If your Brother printer has a display screen, then the error message will be displayed on the screen.
- You can go through the error message and sort it out as soon as possible.
Uncheck The Use Printer Offline Option:
- Turn on your computer and log in to the Admin account.
- Open the Run dialog box and type “Control Panel.”
- In the Control Panel window, set view by: Large icons.
- Click on Devices and Printers to view the list of printers on your network.
- Right-click on your Brother printer and select See what’s printing.
- Click on the Printer tab and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
- Finish the above-mentioned steps and check whether the printer offline issue is solved or not.
Set Your Brother Printer As The Default One:
- Go to the Control Panel window.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Locate your Brother printer.
- Right-click on the printer icon and select Set as default printer.
- Now, you can see a green checkmark on your printer icon.
- By performing the above steps, you can resolve the printer offline issue.
Clear The Printer Queue:
- Go to the Windows search bar, type Command Prompt.
- Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type net stop spooler, and press the Enter key.
- Type del %systemroot%32\spool\printers\*/Q and press Enter.
- At last, type Net start spooler and press the Enter key.
- Your screen will display The print spooler service was started successfully, which means that your computer has cleared the printer queue.
- If this is the solution to your problem, it will bring back your printer’s life, and in turn, will return the printer online.
Update The Printer Drivers:
- Printer drivers play an essential role in the overall functioning of a printer. Also, printer drivers do get old over some time, so it is necessary to update the drivers from time to time for a smooth printing experience.
Last Possible Troubleshooting Step:
- If possible, uninstall the old printer drivers and their traces from your PC, and download the full feature printer drivers from the Brother support page.
To get more assistance on fixing Brother printer offline but connected to wifi issue, CALL our tech experts and get instant solution.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.