- Brother Printer Not Working After Updating To Windows 10
Fix Brother Printer Not Working After Windows 10 Update Issue
If your Brother printer not working after Windows 10 update, then make use of the troubleshooting steps given on this page.
Ensure the following steps before proceeding to the troubleshooting steps.
- Turn off your Brother printer and unplug it from the power outlet. Wait for a few seconds. Now, plug in your device and turn on your printer. The Brother printer may start working when it is restarted.
- For wired printers, make sure that the USB cable is firmly connected.
- Make sure to turn on your wireless printer, run a wireless connectivity test, and connect it to your Windows 10 computer.
- Visit our page to download and install the latest Brother printer driver.
Perform the following methods if your Brother printer is still not printing.
Method 1: Reinstall The Printer
- Click on the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Under the Settings, click on the Device section and select the Printers and Scanners from the list.
- Choose your Brother printer from the Printers and Scanners section and click on the Remove Device tab.
- Wait for few seconds before reinstalling the printer on your computer.
- To reinstall the printer, select Add printer or scanner from the Printers and Scanners section.
- Choose the Brother printer from the list and click Apply.
Method 2: Run The Printer Troubleshooter
- Click on the Start menu on your computer and type ‘troubleshooting’ in the search bar.
- Under the Hardware and Sound section, choose the Use a printer option.
- Click on the Next button below the Use a printer option and follow the troubleshooter Brother Wizard instructions.
Method 3: Configure Printer To The Correct Port
- Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
- In the Control panel window, choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on the Printers section and select Printer Properties from the drop-down list.
- In the General tab, select the Change Properties option.
- Navigate to the Ports tab in the Printer Properties window.
- Ensure to tick on the checkbox next to the Printer Port and select Apply to complete the process.
- Get back to the General tab, select the Print Test Page button, and make out a trail printout.
- Confirm the specified port.
After following the steps mentioned above, check if the Brother printer not working after Windows 10 update issue is resolved. If still not, click the call button on this page. Our technical experts will assist you in resolving your printer issues.