- Brother Printer Printing Issues
Why My Brother Printer Not Printing In Black Color?
Brother printers are known for their excellent printing at a much affordable cost. Brother printers work perfectly with generic ink cartridges. However, there will be a slight difference in the print quality if you use generic ink cartridges. In this article, we would like to start with the main reasons that could cause this problem to occur. Also, we will be stating the solutions as well. Do check out the whole article to find the answer to your query –Brother printer not printing in black color.
CAUSES FOR BROTHER PRINTER NOT PRINTING BLACK COLOR:
There are a few cases where your Brother printer stops printing in black. Here are some of the main reasons.
- Check whether the Breather tape is removed.
- If the tape is not removed, then the ink will remain under the vacuum seal of the cartridge.
- When your printer starts warning you to change the Black ink cartridge, then replacing it could be a better idea.
- If you print a huge volume of data when the ink is low, air may get into the print nozzle.
- When the air gets into the nozzle, your Brother printer will stop printing in black.
- It may not fully stop, but you will witness small lines in the printed document. This also indicates that some of the nozzles are blocked.
- If you print with an empty black cartridge for a long period, it may lead to permanent damage to the printhead.
- If the ink viscosity is not adequate, then various issues can occur.
- The cartridge ink needs to come out at the correct flow so that it does not dry up quickly.
- One more common issue that makes a printer stop printing in black or color is a faulty purge pump or purge seals.
- If the purge pump is working correctly, then the printer should be ready to print.
SOME BASIC THINGS TO START:
- Turn off your printer.
- Unplug it from the electrical source and disconnect the USB cables as well.
- After a few minutes, reconnect the power cord and the USB cable.
- Turn on your Brother printer.
- Print Quality Diagnostic Report or a test page.
- Check the printer’s ink level to cross-verify the amount of ink left in the cartridges.
- If you are using aftermarket cartridges, then figuring out the issue might be a challenging task.
LOOK AFTER THE CARTRIDGES:
- Try to replace the empty and critically low cartridges.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are installed on their appropriate slot.
- As said before, double-check whether the tapes are removed entirely from the cartridges.
- Make sure that the vents of the ink cartridges are not clogged by any means.
- However, you can fix the clogged issue by using a pin.
- Still, if you are printer is not able to print like before, then move on to the below section.
PERFORM DEEP CLEANING:
- Connect your Brother printer to a reliable power supply.
- Press the Menu button.
- Use the printer’s navigation buttons to go to the Setup menu.
- In the Maintenance window, select the Deep cleaning option.
- Perform deep cleaning two to three times.
- Now see whether you are able to print documents properly.
CLEAN THE PRINTHEAD:
- Open the scanner unit.
- Open the cartridge area.
- When the carriage comes to the middle, pull out the power cord without powering off the printer.
- Remove the ink cartridges from their respective slots.
- Pull out the printhead using your fingers.
- Clean the printhead and re-insert it.
- Insert the ink cartridges.
- Close the cartridge area and the scanner unit.
UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the text – devmgmt.msc and press the OK button.
- Expand the Printer section.
- Locate and right-click on your Brother printer for driver update.
- Select Search automatically for driver.
- Once the updates are installed successfully, restart your PC.
- Check if there is any improvement in the overall printing.
Most of the printing issues can be easily resolved and you just need a small help to come out of the Brother printer not printing in black color problem. If you wish to get in touch with our expert team, then click the call button.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.