- Brother Printers Won’t Work After Update
Solution For Brother Printer Issues with Windows 10
At times, you might encounter some Brother printer Issues with Windows 10 computers. Many of these issues will usually occur after a recent Windows 10 upgrade. Difficulties in printing might arise while you try to print using your Brother printer. In some situations, nothing will get printed on giving the Print command. In other cases, the printer will just stop working.
On this page, let us see how to resolve your Brother printer problems with Windows 10 in detail.
The procedure to solve your Brother printer problems involves 3 stages. Each of these stages is described below:
Before you begin with the procedure, make sure that the following conditions are met:
It is now time to begin with the procedure with the three stages:
Stage 1 – Removing The Driver Entries
- The first step is to navigate to the Control Panel on your computer. You can do this task by typing “control panel” (without the quotes) in the Search box and then choosing Control Panel from the displayed options.
- Open the Hardware and Sound folder. Then, select the Devices and Printers option to continue to fix the Brother printer issues with Windows 10.
- Right-click your Brother printer name (with the model) and then choose the Remove Device option.
- Find the Yes button and click on it to confirm the removal process.
- Once you are sure that the removal is completed, left-click on another device, go to the top of the window, and open Print server properties.
- It is now time to click the Drivers tab. After clicking on it, check whether there are any entries available for the Brother printer. In case there are any, select the same, and then remove them.
- Get back to the Control Panel screen and select the Programs option.
- Choose the Programs and Features option.
- Again, check for any Brother printer entries. If you find any, choose and remove them.
- Once the removal process is over, you have to restart your computer.
- You can now continue with the procedure to rectify your Brother printer problems with Windows 10 by executing the next stage.
Stage 2 – Uninstalling The Brother Printer Software
- Open the default web browser on your computer and navigate to the Brother’s support site.
- Choose the Downloads option. Then, in the Search box provided, type your Brother printer’s model.
- Select the desired operating system. If you cannot find Windows 10, select Windows 8.1, and then click on the Search button.
- You will find that a page containing your printer model in the upper-left corner is displayed. Next, scroll down the screen until you can see the Utilities section. In this section, select the Uninstall Tool.
- You can now see the End-User License Agreement page. Agree to the terms and conditions listed on this page. Now, the downloading of your Brother printer software will automatically begin.
- In the window that displays next, click on the Run button to continue to resolve the Brother printer problems with Windows 10.
- Save the downloaded file to your desktop, and then choose the Decompress option.
- It is now time to navigate to your desktop and open the new remPnP folder. Once you have opened the folder, you need to select the BrRemPnP.exe application file.
- Click on the Confirm button to let the application make changes to the computer.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your Brother printer model and click on the OK button.
- Wait patiently for the uninstallation to finish. Once it is over, click on the OK button.
- You have now completed the second stage in the procedure to fix the Brother printer problems with Windows 10. It is now time to move on to the next stage.
Stage 3 – Reinstalling The Brother Printer Software
- First, open the default web browser on your computer and navigate to Brother’s support site.
- Select the Downloads option. Then, in the Search box provided, type your Brother printer’s model.
- Choose the desired operating system. If you cannot find Windows 10, select Windows 8.1 and then click on the Search button to continue to resolve the Brother printer problems with Windows 10.
- Select the Full Driver & Software Package option.
- You can now see the End-User License Agreement page. Agree to the terms and conditions listed on this page and start the download.
- In the window that displays next, click on the Run button. The printer software will now start downloading.
- When the download is over, you will find a prompt to choose the desired language. So, select your language now.
- You have to restart your computer once again to finish the re-installation process.
- Once your computer has rebooted, you can re-connect it to your printer using the USB cable.
- To confirm that the software installation is successful, try printing a test page. You should be able to print the test page successfully. From now on, your Brother printer will start printing without any difficulty.
- You have now successfully resolved your Brother printer Issues with Windows 10 computers.