- Why Is My Brother Printer Going Into Deep Sleep?
How To Fix Brother Printer Deep Sleep Issue?
Before moving on to the procedure to fix the Brother printer deep sleep issue, let’s try to understand the deep sleep mode. Sleep mode on the printer reduces power consumption. You can set a timer in the machine and the printer will persist in sleep mode for the specified time. The Brother printer resets the timer when it receives a printing job. If the printer is in sleep mode and does not receive any printing jobs for a specific period, the printer will automatically go into deep sleep mode. When deep sleep is enabled, you will see the “Deep Sleep” message on the LCD screen. The user can manually adjust the deep sleep mode settings and resolve the issue.
Follow the steps to fix the Deep Sleep issue on your Brother printer.
- Simultaneously press the Start and the Option button on your printer.
- Wait for the Sleep Mode: ON message to pop up on the LCD screen.
- Tap the down or up arrow keys to turn off the sleep mode.
- Tap the OK tab followed by Stop/Exit.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes and then restart your printer.
If the issue continues, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- On your computer, right-click on the Brother Printer driver and select Printing Preferences from the drop-down list.
- In the Printing Preferences window, click on the Advanced tab and select the Other Print Options (k) button.
- Select the Sleep Time option on the left panel and set the sleep time for your printer.
- You may have the following options:
- Auto: The Auto option automatically adjusts the timeout for the printer depending on the machine’s usage.
- Printer Default: It adjusts the timeout settings to reset to the factory defaults.
- Manual: You can enter the timeout manually.
- Select any one option and click Apply to save the settings.
If you need remote assistance to resolve Brother printer deep sleep issue, click the call button available on the screen.