- How To Setup Brother MFC490CW Printer?
How To Perform The Brother MFC490CW Printer Setup?
Brother MFC490CW is a versatile printer that can print, scan, and copy. It can meet the requirements of home and small-sized businesses as it can print around 33 pages per minute. It supports direct photo printing from USB Direct and PictBridge interface media card slots. If you want to know how to do the Brother MFC490CW printer setup, follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Unpack the product box and take out the printer and its components.
- Your package includes the Brother MFC490CW printer, four ink cartridges (Black, Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta), user guide, CD-ROM, Accessory Order Form, test sheet, telephone line cord, and a quick setup guide.
- Check whether you have received all the components mentioned above and verify that you have received them without any damage.
- Remove all the packing tapes and protective coverings from the printer and its components. Make sure not to unpack the ink cartridges until you are ready to install them.
- Extend the paper tray completely from the printer and open the paper tray cover.
- Slide the paper width and length guides according to the size of the paper.
- Take a stack of paper, fan, and align the paper neatly.
- Then, gently insert the paper stack into the paper tray with the printing side facing down and adjust the paper width and length guides against the paper.
- Once done, close the paper tray cover and insert it completely into the printer. Then, extend the paper support until it stops and pull out the paper support flap.
Turn on your printer
- Connect the power cord of the printer to an electrical socket.
- Then, take out the supplied telephone cord and connect one of its ends to the LINE port of the printer and the other end to the wall jack.
- Now, turn on your Brother printer by pressing the Power button.
- Open the ink cartridge cover of the printer and take out the green protective part (make sure not to throw it away as you may need it while transporting your printer).
- Unpack the cartridge, release the vacuum seal by turning the green knob clockwise, and take out the cap.
- Insert the ink cartridge into its holder and press it until it clicks in its place. Do the same for all four ink cartridges, and also, make sure to install the ink cartridges according to the color indicated on the lever.
- Once done, close the ink cartridge cover. Now, the printer will prepare the ink tube system. It will take around four minutes. Make sure not to turn off your printer until this process gets completed.
- Now, choose your basic preferences like language, date, time, and the country you are residing in. You can use the up and down arrow buttons for navigation and the OK button for selecting an option.
- Take out the CD-ROM you have received along with your printer and insert it into the CD driver of your computer.
- Run the setup file and install the software on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- If your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, you can download the printer driver from Brother’s official site.
- In your default browser, visit the official support page of Brother. Enter your printer model and download a printer driver recommended for your OS. Next, install the driver on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- You can connect your printer to the computer using the USB cable, wired network connection, or wireless network option. If you prefer a wireless connection, connect your printer to the same network to which your computer is connected.
- Next, open the printer driver and start printing.
- Now, you have completed the Brother MFC490CW printer setup.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.