- How To Setup Brother Mfc-l3770cdw Wireless Printer?
How To Perform Brother Mfc-l3770cdw Wireless Setup?
Scroll down this page to know the Brother MFC-L3770CDW wireless setup in detail.
The Brother MFC-L3770CDW printer supports the Wireless setup. You can connect your printer to the wireless network through infrastructure mode, Wi-Fi Direct, and WPS (Push and PIN methods). The below section explains all three methods in detail.
Setting Up Your Brother Mfc-l3770cdw Wireless Printer
Setup Through Infrastructure Mode
- Make sure that your Brother printer and the computer are turned on.
- Now, insert the printer installation disc into your computer or open the downloaded printer driver file.
- Once the printer driver installation screen opens, select the language and the other settings as prompted on the screen.
- When prompted, choose the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option as the connection type and click Next.
- Complete the wireless setup by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once your Brother printer is connected to the wireless network, try a test print over the wireless connection to check whether the configuration is done correctly.
Setup Through Wi-Fi Direct Method
- Install the Brother iPrint & Scan app on your smartphone from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and turn on your Brother printer.
- On your printer’s control panel, press the Settings icon.
- Choose All Settings > Network > Wi-Fi Direct > Manual.
- The SSID and password for the Wi-Fi Direct connection will be displayed on your printer’s screen.
- Now, enable the Wi-Fi option on your smartphone and look for the SSID that matches with the one that is displayed on your printer screen.
- Select the Wi-Fi Direct SSID from the list and enter its password in the given field.
- After entering the password, tap the CONNECT button.
Congratulations! Your Brother MFC-L3770CDW wireless setup has been completed through Wi-Fi Direct.
Setup Through WPS Method
Method 1: WPS – One Push method
- Make sure that your Brother MFC printer is placed within the range of your wireless router.
- On your printer’s home screen, press the Settings icon.
- Select All Settings > Network > WLAN > WPS.
- Press the Yes button when the Enable WLAN? message is displayed on your printer screen.
- Similarly, when the message “Start WPS on your wireless access point…” is displayed on the printer screen, press OK.
- Now, press the WPS button on your router.
- Once the Brother printer is connected to the wireless network successfully, the Connected message will be displayed on the printer screen.
Method 2: WPS – PIN method
- Go to your Brother printer’s Network screen.
- Select the WLAN option followed by WPS w/ PIN code.
- Press Yes.
- When an eight-digit PIN is displayed on your printer screen, note it down.
- Now, launch the default browser on a Windows or Mac computer that is connected to the same wireless network to which your printer is to be connected.
- In the search box, type your printer’s IP address and tap Enter.
- Once you reach your printer’s web-access page, click the WPS settings tab.
- On the WPS Settings page of your printer, type the eight-digit PIN displayed on the printer screen.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the PIN method.
- Once the Brother printer is connected to your wireless network, add your printer to your computer’s Devices and Printers section to complete the WPS-PIN method.
Adding the printer to your computer
Note: The below instructions explain how to add the printer on Windows 10. Even if your OS is different, you can refer to the below instructions. The option or steps might vary, but the overall procedure is the same.
- Click the Start menu.
- Select the Windows System option followed by Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Hardware and Sound section.
- Click the Add a device option and choose your Brother printer.
- After selecting the printer, click Next.
- When prompted, enter the same eight-digit PIN displayed on the printer screen in the given field.
- Click Next > Next > Close.
Congratulations! You’ve performed the Brother MFC-L3770CDW wireless setup successfully.