- How To Fix Brother Mfc L2740dw Printer Offline?
Brother Mfc L2740dw Printer Offline?
Is your Brother MFC L2740DW Printer Status Offline? This problem can happen on Windows and Mac computers. However, you can resolve it quickly using the troubleshooting steps given on this page. In most cases, the offline problem occurs when the communication between your printer and computer breaks down. So, checking the exact connection issue might bring your printer status online.
Below are the solutions to bring your printer status online on your Windows computer.
Solution 1: Check the printer connection
- First, check if your printer is turned on. If not, check the power cord and restart your printer.
- Next, check if the USB cable is firmly connected at both end ports.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the Wi-Fi connection status.
- Use the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool to diagnose and repair the connection issues automatically.
Solution 2: Set printer as default
- On your Windows computer, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘control’ in the Run dialog box and click the OK button to open Control Panel.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab and locate your printer’s icon.
- Check if there is a green checkmark on your printer’s icon. If no, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, the Brother MFC L2740DW printer offline problem should be fixed.
- If the status is still offline, carry out the next solution.
Solution 3: Disable Use Printer Offline
- Open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
This should change your printer’s status from offline to online.
Solution 4: Restart Print Spooler
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the Run dialog box and click OK to open Windows Services.
- Locate the Print Spooler service in the window that appears.
- Right-click the service and select the Restart option.
- Close the Services window and reboot your Windows computer.
If your Brother MFC L2740DW printer is still offline on your computer, contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving it.
Below are the solutions to fix the printer offline problem on your Mac.
Solution 1: Check the printer driver
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon in the System Preferences window.
- Select your printer’s name from the left-side panel.
- Go to the Default tab and click the option to resume printing.
- Next, click the Print tab in the Printers & Scanners window to check if the Brother printer driver is selected in the Kind section.
- If AirPrint is selected as the printer driver, select the CUPS printer driver from the drop-down menu.
- If you have not yet selected your printer as default on your Mac, click the Default printer drop-down menu and select your printer’s name.
If your printer status is offline, try to execute the next solution.
Solution 2: Reset Printing System
- Open the System Preferences window on your Mac.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Give a right-click on the empty space in the printers list and select the Reset printing system option.
- This action will remove the printers added to your Mac.
- Re-add your printer to the printers list.
You have now seen How To Fix Brother MFC L2740DW Printer Offline issue on your Mac.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.