- Brother L2710dw Offline
How To Fix Brother Mfc L2710dw Printer Offline?
If your Brother MFC-L2710DW printer status is displayed as Offline or Paused on your Windows or Mac computer, then try the simple troubleshooting methods given below to fix the Brother Mfc L2710dw Printer Offline issue instantly..
Basically, the computer displays the “offline printer” message if your printer is turned off when performing the print operation. So, as soon as the offline message is displayed on the screen, check whether your printer is turned on. If not, turn on the Brother printer and then perform the print operation.
- Next, the important thing that you have to check is whether the printer and the computer are connected to the same network. If not, connect them to the same network and then perform the print operation.
- Make sure that the Brother MFC-L2710DW printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Restart the printer and your computer.
- Reconnect the printer to your computer if necessary.
Method 1: Setting up your printer as default
If the Brother printer you’re using for the print operation is not set as the default printer, then there is a chance for these kinds of errors to occur. To check and set your printer as the default one, perform the simple instructions given below.
- On your Windows computer, open the Devices and Printers window from Control Panel.
- Select and right-click on your Brother printer.
- Check if the Set as default printer option is selected. If not, select it.
Method 2: Deleting the queued print jobs
Sometimes, the queued print jobs might also block your printer from performing the current operation. In many cases, such queued print jobs might make your printer go offline. In this case, delete all the print jobs in the queue.
- Select and right-click on your printer icon on the Devices and Printers screen.
- Click on the See what’s printing option.
- Now, go to the Printer tab.
- Select the Cancel All Documents option. (Note: In case the Cancel All Documents option is grayed out, then click Open As Administrator and continue with the on-screen instructions to cancel the print jobs).
Method 3: Deselecting “Use Printer Offline” or “Pause Printing”
- Open the Printer tab of your printer by referring to the instructions given above.
- Now, deselect the Use Printer Offline or Pause Printing option.
- If this option is grayed out, then select the Open As Administrator option and follow the on-screen instructions to deselect it.
- Use the correct printer driver
- To perform the printer-related operation from your Mac computer, the printer’s CUPS driver should be installed on it. To check and use the correct printer driver on your computer, perform the simple procedure given below.
- Open the Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners window on your computer.
- Select the Brother printer with which you’re encountering the offline printer error.
- Now, click on the Print tab and go to the Location section.
- You can find the driver that your printer is using in the Kind row. (Kind: Brother MFC-L2710DW-XXXX (XXXX is the printer driver name))
- If you find that your printer is using AirPrint, then install the CUPS driver by following the below instructions.
- Click on the Plus icon below the Printers section in the Printers & Scanners window.
- In the Add dialog box, go to the Default tab.
- Choose your Brother printer.
- From the Use drop-down menu, select the CUPS driver of your printer.
- Click Add.
- Now, perform the print operation from your Mac computer to the printer to check whether the offline printer error is resolved.
If the Brother Mfc L2710dw Printer Offline issue remains unresolved, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.