- Brother Mfc J825dw Offline
Brother Mfc J825dw Printer Offline
Brother MFC-J825DW is an All-in-One printer with a touchscreen interface. This printer is designed for small offices and workgroups. Get the most out of this Brother printer by connecting it to your Wi-Fi network. But sometimes, your printer status might be changed to offline if there is a communication breakdown between your printer and Windows computer. To get your printer back online, follow these solutions.
Solution 1: Troubleshooting the printer
- Before you begin the troubleshooting process, check if your printer is turned on.
- If your printer is turned off, check the power cord and restart your printer.
- Next, check for any error messages on the printer LCD. If there is an error message, identify what it indicates and execute the correct troubleshooting steps.
- Check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- If the connection is unstable, check the USB cable connected at both end ports.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the Wi-Fi connection status.
- To diagnose and repair the connection issues automatically, use the Brother Network and Connection Repair Utility.
Solution 2: Troubleshooting the computer
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and type ‘control’ in the search field.
- Click to open Control Panel from the search results.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab in the Control Panel window.
- Locate the Brother MFC-J825DW printer icon from the displayed list.
- Check if there is a green checkmark on your printer’s icon. If not, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, the printer will be set as default on your computer and will be active when connected to the computer.
- Once again, right-click the printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and locate the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- Deselect the Use Printer Offline option if you find a tick mark next to it.
- This should fix the Brother MFC-J825DW printer offline issue.
- If the problem remains unsolved, execute the next solution.
Solution 3: Troubleshooting the Print Spooler service
- On your computer, launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- In the Run dialog box, type ‘services.msc’ and click OK.
- Wait until the Services window opens.
- Locate the Print Spooler service from the displayed list.
- Right-click the service and select the Restart option.
- Once again, right-click the Print Spooler service and select the Properties option.
- Check if the service status is running and the service is set to Automatic.
- Close Windows Services and restart your computer to check if the problem is resolved.
- If your Brother MFC-J825DW printer is still offline, reinstall the printer driver.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.