- Brother MFC J6920DW Offline
Fix: Brother MFC J6920DW Printer Offline
Brother MFC-J6920DW is an all-in-one inkjet printer that offers printer-related functions such as copy, print, and scan. It also comes with some great features like duplex printing, cloud & mobile printing, NFC printing, 9.3cm LCD color touch screen, and more. However, there are some issues encountered by the users while using this printer. On this page, you’re going to see how to fix the Brother MFC J6920DW Printer Offline issue.
Basically, if your printer status is displayed as offline or paused on the computer, then it means your printer is turned off or not connected to the computer. So, as the first step of troubleshooting, check whether your Brother printer is powered on. If your printer’s LCD is blank, then it means the printer is turned off. Try to turn on the printer and if it fails to turn on even after pressing the Power button, check whether its power cable is connected securely. Unplug and reconnect the cable if it is not connected securely. If necessary, replace the cable. If the printer is turned on but its status Of your Brother Printer is Offline or paused, then check whether the Brother printer is connected to your computer over a wireless, wired, or USB cable connection. Reconnect the printer and your computer if they are not connected to the same network. If you couldn’t resolve the offline or paused printer issue using the above steps, try the advanced methods given below.
Method 1: Setting Brother MFC J6920DW As Default Printer
- Open the Devices and Printers screen.
- Select and right-click on your Brother printer to access its context menu.
- Click on the option named Set as default printer if it is not selected.
- Now, check if the Brother MFC J6920DW Printer Offline issue is resolved. If not, perform the next method given below.
Method 2: Cancel Queued Print Jobs
- Sometimes the queued print jobs might also cause the offline printer issue. To check and delete them, follow the below instructions.
- Open your Brother MFC-J6920DW printer’s properties dialog box.
- Go to the Printer tab.
- Click on the Cancel All Documents option. In case this option is grayed, click on the Open As Administrator option followed by the Yes button.
Here are a couple of methods that can help you connect to the wireless network.
Method 3: Disabling Use Printer Offline
- On the Devices and Printers screen, select and right-click your Brother printer.
- Click on the See what’s printing option followed by Printer.
- Now, if the Use Printer Offline option is selected, deselect it.
Checking Printer Driver
Sometimes having the incorrect or wrong printer driver installed on your computer may lead to these kinds of issues. So, check whether you have installed the correct Brother printer driver on your Mac computer. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Print & Scan option.
- In the dialog box that opens, locate your Brother printer under the Printers list and click on it.
- Now, besides Kind under the Location section, you can find the driver type that your printer is using. For example, Brother MFC-J6920-XXXX. (XXXX is the driver type).
If you find the AirPrint driver is installed on your computer, then install your printer’s CUPS driver to fix this issue.
- Click on the Plus (+) button beside the Printers list.
- Now, on the Add dialog box, type your Brother printer name and choose the Brother MFC-J6920 CUPS driver from the Use drop-down menu.
- Click Add.
- Now, check if the Brother MFC J6920DW Printer Offline issue is resolved on your computer. If not, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.